Chapter 45: Guess who?

🎵Falak Tak🎵

"Excuse me ma'am, you can't go inside

"Excuse me ma'am, you can't go inside." The voice made Rida stop on her track. "May I know, whom you want to meet?" Enquired the same person. He got behind the receptionists' desk. Perhaps, he was new here, owing to the fact, it was the first time I was seeing him.

"Oh, I need to meet Mister Singhania." Before I or even Niharika could react, her sister spoke up.

"Do you have an appointment, ma'am?" Asked the same other receptionist. Rida shook her head at him. An obnoxious chuckle passed through his mouth. Shaking her head in annoyance Rachel, nudged him in the stomach. "Ma'am, you need an appointment to meet boss, you just can't barge in like this." He said, pushing his coworkers elbow aside.

"Firstly, she isn't barging in. Secondly, she's with me, with us." Walking back to the reception, I rather firmly told the man, Niharika still was near the elevators, watching us.

"Oh! And who-"

"Sorry about that ma'am, y'all may proceed further." Cutting him off, Rachel apologised and in hushed manner she told him, "She's boss's sister, Mukul."

The guy's expression morphed into a horrified look, opening his mouth to speak once again, he was interrupted, by a loud voice. "What is happening here?" Mukul's eyes got widened once again, Making Rida and I turn back at person. "Roshni ma'am. Good afternoon." Greeted, my brother's executive assistant, Abhijeet Mehra.

"Afternoon." Making my lips form a smile, I greeted him back.

"Is there any problem, ma'am?

"There was." Taking a look at Mukul, I continued, "now, it's solved." Abhijeet gave us a smile, and lead us to the elevators. Getting in one of them, he pressed on the twenty-fifth number.

Looking at the mirror on the back wall of the lift, I reflected on what I did downstairs. I don't know what happened to me, usually in the past, I never reacted like this. The first time I acted out in anger was probably, during Viraj's misbehaver on Laila's party, or else I never acted like this. Calm and composed, was more how I was like. One of the biggest differences between my brother and I, other than him being a male and I being female was, anger. He used to and still gets fuming over every little thing. I even remember how once, in a fit of anger he'd broken a switch board. And I just never got angry, no matter what someone would say to me or what happened with me, I would never lose my calm like that. rather, after everything happens, I go to my room, sit down and start to cry. All my anger would turn into tears and fall down.

I had read somewhere, 'your anger is a part of you, that's loves you and knows you've been wronged.' I don't know if it's the truth or not, if it is, then one thing I know, even my anger doesn't loves me. "Roshni, thank you." Flinching, I looked at my sister in law, she gave me a small smile. looking at my confused face, she added, "for helping us out."