Chapter7: Exams And More!

🎵 Mauqa mile toh khona nahi
Yeh aayega naa baar baar 🎵

🎵 Mauqa mile toh khona nahi Yeh aayega naa baar baar 🎵

Two Weeks Later•

"Roshni?" Eyes full of concern, brows pulled together. Bhai bent down to my height, cupped my cheeks in his hands, "What's wrong beta, why are crying?" He patted my cheeks, let his hands fall.

I let out a sob. And another. He patted my back. I breathed. A finger raised up, pointed at the chemistry book and notebooks, scattered across the glass table, "bhai," my voice came out small, "I just can't do this. It's difficult," I spoke through the sobs.

A chuckle resonated in the air, I glanced up at him, my face morphed into a gloom.

"Why are you crying for this?" He shook his head, "I will explain you," he picked up a book. Closed it, read the cover page, opened it back.

"Are mocking me?"

He looked at me with a brow raised. I felt bad for asking that. He could never do it... and I as if just put an allegation on him.

Perhaps, it was nothing and I like the usual was overthinking.

His head bobbled negatively, a finger reached to dry the tears on my face, "I am not mocking you, okay?" His eyes rolled, "why would I?"

I could be wrong, but he had taken that humorously. I glad for that. I was always cautious if I'm going to offend him or hurt him somehow and he sends me away from him.

Ironically, it was never like I was walking on thin ice with him. He's practical, matured, he never minded such things. Still, I was afraid of hurting him accidentally.

"Because you were a gold medalist in chemistry bhai, then you even did engineering which obviously had some chemistry in it," Bhai again got blessed with the better genes, gold medallist throughout his school and then in his uni too.

"Come-on beta. You know I won't laugh on you," Bhai ruffled my hair.

"Pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise," bhai intertwined his pinky with mine.

I don't know, why was fighting for such a dumb thing. I could have dropped it, but no I had to fight, for some reassurance. Not the reassurance of bhai
not mocking at me, but of him never leaving me.

His wedding has definitely taken a toll on me. I mean he haven't got married now, but one day he will. And that day is just after some months. Then I won't be the only priority in his life.