Part 32: Home

"Princess Visenya, welcome to the Red Keep."

I just nodded as Alicent Hightower smiled. It was my first time meeting her as Queen. She was different from young woman I remembered years ago. She had same gloom that everyone in this palace had on her face. Worse was his father, Otto, the Hand of the King.

Alicent:

"You came earlier than we expected."

"Dragons don't like to linger. Others will be here in three days."

"You're right. I think you'd like to rest in your rooms."

"Yes, I need to make sure my family is settled."

"Of course. I had your father's old apartments prepared. I hope you'll be more comfortable."

"Thanks."

When I entered the given room, Laya said:

"It's clear she wants to make an ally."

"You're right. But we won't do anything for now, Laya. But keep your ears everywhere."

"Of course, my lady. Just like old days."

"Mom, can we walk around the palace?"

"Not yet, Bran. After we meet your cousins."

"Why do we have to meet them?"

"They'll soon be no different from Laena and Laenor. Remember that."

While the items were being placed, I went out to balcony. The bright sun shining on the sea warmed my skin. The warmth of my home was now closer than ever. Even better, I was at home now. I was where I grew up. That was the most comforting thing. The smell of sea salt filling the room seemed to help me find my soul again. I was definitely back home.

After dinner we were summoned to King's suites, Maegor's Holdfast. Daenerys didn't seem to want to meet her little cousins. Bran and Sara had the same vibe. However, Cregan was cold-blooded. He was trying to keep his younger siblings in line, as if he understood his duties.

Viserys:

"Visenya, welcome."

"Cousin, it's been a long time."

After two of us hugged, Viserys said:

"I would like to meet my nephews and nieces."

"Oh, of course. My eldest daughter, Daenerys."

"I can say that Visenya is a complete Targaryen. Our genes shouldn't be so dominant."

"Ah yes, a copy of me. My eldest son, Cregan, lord of Winterfell."

"Your Majesty."

"Little man, it's clear that he'll become a powerful lord like his father."

"Thank you, your majesty."

"And lastly, Bran and Sara Snow."

"Bran is like a knight. And the little lady is so cute too."

While Viserys was chatting with my children, Alicent said:

"You'd like to meet your nephews and nieces, right, cousin?"

"Yes, please."

"My eldest son Aegon"

The six-year-old boy came to me. He was looking at me with curious eyes. Patting his head:

"He's such a sweet kid."

"Mom, who is this?"

I smiled as Alicent's cheeks turned red. Alicent:

"Majesty's cousin Visenya."