Part 21: King's Landing

"Calm down buddy

"Calm down buddy. We'll be heading out into the heat. We're going home."

Cannibal has been my best friend for past six years. The North wasn't too pretty for a dragon. But Cannibal got used to it over time. And he was more than willing to bond with me. We both spent these six years in peace.

Rickon came to me. Looking at Cannibal:

"You can't travel on top of it when you're pregnant."

"I know. But I want him to come with us. He missed too much others."

"The kids are so excited."

"It is. I hope it goes well."

I took Rickon's arm and looked at the party. Bennard was waiting to see us off. Rickon:

"Everything is in your hands while we're gone."

"Of course brother."

"Be careful, Bennard."

"Of course, sister."

I got in carriage. While my children were sitting next to me, it was Laya who accompanied us. Laya came with me. She had been my friend, confidant, and babysitter for my children. Daenerys:

"Why can't I go on a horse like my father?"

"Because you're so young. Anything can happen to you on horse."

"So why can't I fly with Valerier?"

"Because you didn't complete training. You have to be here."

"I hate enclosed spaces."

Daenerys was nothing like me. She stubbornly kept reminding me of Daemon. She got around mischievously like him and got in trouble like him. It was the unforgettable mark of my only mistake. But she was my daughter and my bond with her was very special.

We traveled non-stop for two weeks. We tried to keep the breaks as short as possible. We finally arrived at the Red Keep. I smiled at the Targaryen symbols as I got out of the carriage. The house felt really good.

It was my sister Rhaenys who came to greet me. The two of us hugged as much as my pregnancy allowed. Rhaenys:

"Sister, I missed you so much."

"Me too, sister. You haven't changed at all."

"You too."

"Oh Corlys."

"My sister."

Corlys was someone who tried to fill that place after my father. I have never forgotten love he gave and I have always supported him. Just like he did to me.

Laena:

"Auntie..."

"My little Velaryon. Come here, Laenor."