Part 29: Arrival of Dragons

"Why can't I wear red?"

"Daenerys, you're a Stark. Now wear that gray dress, the color of your house."

"There are wolf embroidery on my red dress too. Mom..."

"Daenerys, why don't you stop being stubborn for once and do as I say."

My daughter pulled the gray dress from my hand and walked behind the screen. After exhaling audibly:

"Please be in the courtyard on time."

"I'll."

While my daughter was getting ready, I went down to the courtyard and joined the other northerners to greet my family who would soon be entering the door.

I was wearing a gray dress. The sleeves were long and embroidered with deer, like my childhood dresses. The collar was completed with a boat and fur. The corset fit my waist perfectly. I had a metal wolf crest on my waist. I put on my thick fur. The things that held the collar together were dragons made of metal. It was a dress that was a blend of my roots.

I was standing at the beginning. Right next to me was Cregan, who had a brown tunic and the same fur as me. My son was waiting with his head held high. I smiled and shook his hand. He wore a cold face, just like his dad.

After a while, Daenerys took her place next to her brother. Next to him were Bran and Sara. Standing next to Sara was Bennard. I was 100% against him marrying my nephew. Bennard was the only man I didn't like in Winterfell. His behavior had changed after Rickon died. It was a real torment not to send him away because he was a family member.

I smiled when the group entered. As the stone-colored car entered, there were soldiers in front. I grinned when I saw yellow cloak. Daemon had arrived just as planned. But he also brought his own soldiers. When he stood right in front of me, I couldn't take my eyes off him. Even though his helmet covered his face, I could see that sarcasm in his eyes.

Rhaenyra got out of car. I held my head high as the servants bowed before the heir to the throne. Yes, she might have been the heir, but I was still Targaryen. Rhaenyra smiled as her face met mine. She came to me. Rhaenyra:

"Aunt Visenya, I missed you so much."

"Welcome to Winterfell Castle, niece."

We both hugged tightly. She had become a copy of Aemma. It was exciting to see my cousin whom I missed. When the bitter smile on my face made her uneasy, I tried to put it together:

"It was as if I saw Aemma in front of me. Thank you, Rhaenyra."

Rhaenyra smiled wryly. We both understood each other. Rhaenyra walked over to Cregan and said:

"Cregan, hello cousin."

"Princess, welcome to Winterfell. It's an honor to welcome you and your court, cousin Rhaenyra."