Part 10: Naive?

(Viserys Targaryen and Aemma Arryn)

AC93

While Laya was putting my hair in a bun, I looked at myself in front of mirror disgruntled. King's Landing was now a very boring place to stay. Being alone in this palace scared me.

My sister Rhaenys sailed to Driftmark with her husband shortly after giving birth. Corlys was angry that his wife had been defeated. I understood them, but their leaving left me in complete despair.

Another one who left was my grandmother. After a fight with my grandfather, she went to Dragonstone. This was their second fight in their entire married life. As much as my grandfather didn't want to make him feel, he looked like he had collapsed.

My mother soon left. I guess the palace kept reminding her of my father all the time. I knew she was having a hard time dealing with it. Sometimes we both burst into tears. But he was more worn out than me. I knew this.

And as for my uncle Baelon. He continued to be kind to me. I was grateful to him for accepting me as his daughter. But I wouldn't have with him what I had with my father. What he did was more of letting me have dinner with him and his family.

Viserys bonded with Balerion earlier this year. Everyone saw it as a sign. Actually, I was happy. Caraxes was still idle. Even though I begged my grandfather, he wouldn't let me. He appointed me a King's Guardian so that I wouldn't escape from the palace. Ser Joffrey, a Essos man was one of my father's soldiers. And everywhere I went he was there.

And as for today. There was another royal wedding. Viserys was marrying our cousin Aemma Arryn. Aemma has always been my favorite cousin. I didn't want her to get married. But they looked like they were in love with each other. I couldn't prevent it.

When I entered wedding hall, all eyes were on me. I was eleven years old and just before I was twelve. People would soon queue up to ask for my hand. Their sole purpose was to gain the support of the Crown. I was a rag in their eyes.

I was side by side with my Aunt Gael when I got to place reserved for me. Viserys was waiting at the altar with the best man Daemon. Frankly, this wedding was already starting to get boring.

Aemma entered in her white wedding dress and the cape of the Arryn house. As I walked to the altar with her father, I ignored the envy that was building up inside me. If I ever got married, my father wouldn't be there to take me to the altar. But Aemma had it.

After the wedding had begun, Viserys took off Aemma's virginity cloak. He wrapped her in his own Targaryen cloak. After the vows were taken, they shared a simple kiss. Aemma was now a Targaryen.

While the wedding festivities were going on, I participated in the dances. I wanted to have fun like never before. I wanted to live today as if it were my last. I ignored the gazes of the lords I was dancing with. I knew that one day I would marry one of them. But right now all I did was enjoy the fun.