26: I Love You Truly

The door made a loud thud making her snap her head towards it. Her jaw dropped when she saw her husband. Exhausted. Tired. Drunk. Her feet directed her to his figure that was mostly not in his control. Her eyes focused on his features.

His long slender fingers massaged his temples where a thin layer of sweat rested. His gaze was at the floor and his lashes were almost crushing each other. His silky locks were messed up on the either side of his head. He tilted his head and cracked up his neck before gazing up at her figure. She was an inch away from him and his body was almost towering on hers. His warm body jolted up when her hand landed on his bicep. Her lips were moving. She was saying something. He gulped looking at those plumy pink lips.

He squinted his eyes and stared at her uneasy face. He couldn't make out a conclusion of what she was doing. He felt his arms shaking and blinked his lashes and soon a faint sound was heard.

"Taehyung? Taehyung?"

His eyes held the coldness and he stared at her. He hummed in reply.

"Are you even listening? I'm calling you since long. Why are you zoning out? Are you oka-"

Her eyes widened when he suddenly lost the control over his legs and fell upon her . His weight was almost crushing her, just like trying to dig her up in the floor. Her hands made their way to his shoulders and she started pushing him back. He let out a hot breath from his mouth and she quickly turned her head aside.

"You're drunk. Get off me. The smell is making me sick."

She pushed his body on the cold floor where he rested freely. Her knees tightened and she sat beside him looking at his face.
She sighed.

"Guards!"

Soon, two bulky men holding guns in their hands, approached her and bowed. They gazed at their boss but waited till she says it.

"Please, take him to the bedroom."

The men supported Taehyung by his arms and dragged him to the bedroom. She looked at their figures coming back from the room followed by their bows to her. She sighed again and went inside her room gazing at the lifeless body laying on the soft mattress.

His arms were thrown out and legs were spreading. He didn't seem to be a King for few minutes but a heartbroken drunk lover. She shook her head and went to the kitchen. The maids were busy in making the lunch and some were cleaning. She didn't want to disturb them so she opened the fridge to take out some vegetables for a hangover soup. She poured the hot soup in a bowl and headed towards her room.

She closed the door with her leg and put the bowl on the night stand. Sitting beside him, her eyes were stuck on her husband's uneasy face. He was sweating and it didn't go unnoticed by her. She touched his forehead and he didn't had any fever. He moved his head side to side restlessly. She was not into herself as she was too shocked to react.

"Leave me, I have done no wrong to you.

Your existence only chokes us. We will ruin you to the point that you won't be able to even face a mirror."

"I beg you please hide me.

But where can I hide you?"

His eyes opened as he stared at the ceiling emotionlessly. A sweet voice rang in his ear and it was his name.

"Taehyung? Are you okay?"

He sat straight and looked away ignoring her question. She sighed and grabbed the bowl bringing it close to him.

"Fine. Don't tell me. Atleast drink this soup."

He looked at the soup and then at her hand followed towards her face. The face which her a hint of care and love for him for which he craved. He gulped unknowingly and took the soup from her hands hastily. Within a second, he gulped all of it down his throat and put the bowl on the bed.

"Yah. Slowly."

She rubbed his back and looked at his face where a drop of soup was running through his lips and chin. She held his face and turned it towards her. Her thumb gently wiped off the drop while he stared at her with his slight widen eyes. He slightly slapped her hand away.

"You don't fucking need to show your fake care."

She looked at him in shock and disappointment.

"Fake care? Taehyung, I'm your wife."

"But I'm your forced husband right."

"Umm yea.. but that doesn't mean I will leave you dying."

"I was not dying."

She sighed as she knows that she can't win against him. She took the bowl and started going out of the room. He stared at her back which the emotions that he couldn't express fully. The guilt rushed through his veins that he behaved rudely with her. He shrugged off thinking that she deserves it for not loving him back. Somewhere his heart held pure love but it also held unhealthy obsession.
Y/n sat on the dining table sipping her coffee.

"Fear of being used? Is he serious? I mean he has been close to me a lot of times then why only yesterday when i wanted it."

She said to herself and sipped again. Soon, her phone rang. She looked at the caller id and it was Taehyung's mom. She cleared her throat and put the phone near her ear.

"Y/n?"

"Good Morning, Aunty."

"Good Morning, Sweetie. Wait, why are you calling me aunty? Call me Eomma, dear."

Y/n's eyes widen as she stared at her lap and some tears made their way towards her cheek. She wiped them with the back of her hand and smiled.

"Okay Eomma"

"That's like my child. Now listen dear. We are having a family dinner so please come and join us tonight. Will you?"

"Of course Eomma."

She hung up the call and her eyes moved towards her bedroom door as she wondered what he was doing. She sighed and thought to inform him. Her steps forwarded towards the door as she opened it and peeked inside. She found him sleeping on the bed tugged inside the blanket. A smile crept on her face as she walked.

She walked near him and sat beside him. Softly, she pulled the sheet off his face as noticed that he was shirtless. Blood rushed on her cheeks and she looked away. She then noticed a scar on his back that concerned her. She tried to touch it but he shifted his position. His lips were little parted as he layed on his back. Y/n's gaze went on his lips and she couldn't resist. She leaned in and placed a featherly kiss on the corner of his lips. He couldn't react but smiled a bit making her amazed.

"He is smiling?" She asked to herself. Then she saw him moving head and he parted his lip and what she heard made her heart flustered and her cheeks flushed with red.

"Y/n, I Love You Truly, my butterfly." He made a pout in order to have one more kiss as she giggled at his cute reaction and leaned in to kiss him again. His eyes shot open when their lips were about to touch.

Update 💗
Vote and Share the book, lovelies🌷