Grace

Chapter 39

One week later, Saturday, 9:04 am

In the bunker

Sky's POV

Dean: Sky, Baby, you up?

Me? Laying in my bed? Covered with 3 blankets, and wrapped in a blanket cocoon? Up? What do you honestly think the answer to that question is?

Sky: No.

Dean: Do you wanna get up?

Get up? When I'm comfortably wrapped in all of my blankets? No thanks. But thanks for asking. It's very considerate of you.

Sky: No. But thanks for asking.

Dean: What if there was food involved?

Now you've got my full attention. What food? Where food?

Sky: Right now? I ask as I sit up, still wrapped in 3 blankets.

Dean: Yeah. Sam's almost done making breakfast.

Sky: Then what are we waiting for? I ask as I get out of my blankets and start leaving my room.

Dean: Hold on a second. He says as he grabs my arm, stopping me from leaving the room.

You just said there was food involved in me being awake. Now I have to "Hold on a second"? How disrespectful of you.

Sky: But...Food.

Dean: Just a second. Somebody's coming over, and I wanna make sure you're comfortable meeting her.

You're talking like I don't know it's your girlfriend.

Sky: Is it your girlfriend?

Dean: Yeah. If you don't wanna meet her yet, you and Sam can have breakfast here. And her and I will go eat somewhere else. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable in your own home.

Sky: That's nice. But I wanna meet her. I wanna see what she's like. I just don't wanna change clothes.

Dean: You don't have to change clothes. Again, I don't want you to feel uncomfortable in your own home. You shouldn't have to change clothes, just because somebody's coming over. She dresses like me. I don't think she'll care what you're wearing.

In that case, I should actually dress down. If somebody that dresses like Dean is coming over, I could actually wear whatever I want to, and they wouldn't be able to judge me.

Sky: Ok. When's she coming?

Dean: She should be here in about 10 minutes.

Sky: Ok. Is she nice?

Dean: She's nice, Kid. You don't have to worry. If she says or does anything that's not nice to you, you let me know, and she's out. Ok?

I really wouldn't expect this from him. I know he cares about me. But I really didn't expect him to put me above his girlfriend. Yeah, he's only known her for a little while, while he's known me for my whole life. But a lot of people change, when a significant other comes in to their life.