Do you need help with anything?

Chapter 17

One week later, Thursday, 7:15 am

In the bunker

Sky's POV

I'm in Sam's room, trying to sleep, because he's still not back yet. I know he said he'd be gone for two weeks, but I didn't think he actually meant it. I thought he'd be here by now. I thought he'd finish the hunt early, and come back early. But no. He's still gone, hunting whatever monster it is. And I'm still here, missing him. The next time one of the guys think they're just gonna leave me like that, I'm stabbing somebody.

Dean: She's asleep. Her classes don't start until 9.

Who the fuck are you on the phone with, at 7 in the morning? I know that it's probably Sam, but why's Sam on the phone at 7 in the morning? Do you people ever sleep? Like, passed 5 am?

Sam: I'm not gonna wake her up.

Wait a damn minute.

Sam: I'm just gonna put my stuff in there, and let her sleep.

That sounds WAY too close to be on the phone. Before I can fully process what's happening, the door opens and somebody walks in. I open my eyes and for the first time in almost two weeks, I see Sam. Sam's here. He's really here.

Sky: Sammy.

Sam: Hey, Sweetheart. I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to wake you up.

Sky: I was already kinda awake. I say while walking over to him.

How'd I get out of bed so fast? Don't worry about that. Sam's here. That's how. Before he can say anything, I'm clinging to him, like it's the last hug I'll ever get from him.

Sky: I missed you.

Sam: I missed you, too, Sweetheart. But I'm here now. Nobody has to miss anybody anymore. I'm here.

Sky: You're here.

Sam: I'm here, Baby.

After a few seconds, I'm falling asleep on him. I haven't slept very well, since he left. Now that he's home, I don't have to worry about him anymore, and I can finally let myself sleep.

Sam: Let's get you back to bed.

Sky: No. I wanna stay here.

Sam: I'll be there, too. I'll go to bed with you, Sweetheart. I won't go anywhere.

Sky: You promise?

Sam: I promise. You're gonna get some sleep, until your classes start, and I'm gonna be with you, the whole time. Ok?