Running and napping

Chapter 16

Wednesday, 1:34 pm

In the bunker

Dean's POV

Sometimes I forget about the amount of energy kids have. Teenagers have that same energy, but they don't express it as much as kids do...until they get the chance. Sky got the chance, 15 minutes ago, because she's not in school at the moment, to let whatever energy she has, out. She's currently running in the halls, which I've asked her not to do, but she's so happy doing it.

Dean: Quit running in the house. You're gonna hurt yourself. I call to her, not even sure if she can hear me.

Sky: I'll be fine. She calls back, still running in the halls.

I don't really care if she runs in the house, but she could get hurt. The last thing I want, is for her to get hurt because she was doing something that she wasn't supposed to be doing.

Dean: Skylar Fae. I warn.

Sky: I'll be fine. She says again.

I get up from the couch and walk out into the hallway that she's running in. She runs dead into me, because she didn't see me, and falls on her ass.

Sky: Ow.

Dean: You ok?

Sky: Yeah.

I reach down to help her up, then, once she's standing, I land 3 sharp swats on her bottom.

Sky: Ow! Hey!

Dean: I told you not to run in the house, didn't I?

Sky: I was just having fun!

Dean: If you wanna run, you can do it outside, where the ground isn't concrete. You can't hurt yourself that badly, in the grass.

Sky: You could've just said that! You didn't have to hit me!

Dean: I did "just say that". But you didn't hear me, because you were too busy doing exactly what I told you not to do.

Sky: If you knew I didn't hear you, why didn't you just say it again?!

Dean: I said it multiple times, Skylar. You're just mad that I caught you still doing what I asked you not to do, and spanked you for it.

Sky: Obviously! You didn't have to spank me! You could've just talked to me!

Dean: That last sentence tells me that you weren't listening to me, when I was talking to you, just now. Literally 5 seconds ago. I tried talking to you, and you didn't wanna listen.

Sky: I just wanted to have fun! Running is fun! I wasn't doing anything wrong, so I don't see what the problem is!

Dean: The problem is that I told you, multiple times, to stop running in the house. You didn't wanna listen, and you didn't stop. You just fell, because you were running, and you still wanna argue with me about why you're in trouble?