Chapter 49

Javier's POV

I pull up to the empty shipping bay, feeling the cold nights wind breeze across my face as I get out of the car, seeing headlights shine in my direction not long after I arrive.

Another vehicle pulls up, and I hear Pedro and Carloz' laughter before I can even see them. Pedro opens the passenger door, adjusting his gun in his waistband while Carloz walks around to the back of his truck, pulling two heavy duffel bags over his shoulder.

"Damn C, why'd you bring all those guns?" Pedro asks him as they walk towards me, "Don't you know the buyer is like 50?" He continues, laughing to himself as he pushes Carloz' shoulder playfully.

"Yeah and the cholos he brings with him are gonna be 50 too huh?" He responds, nodding at me once we're within speaking distance.

"You good La Parca?" Carloz asks with another nod, probably confused by my silence. Truth is, I don't have a lot to say- and with all the shit going on with Arturo, I'm just trying my best to believe that no one else in the Siete would do something as stupid as that motherfucker would.

"Yeah you?" I respond nonchalantly, relaxing my stance a little to ease the tension. Making a deal when emotions are high is never a good idea.

"Yeah I'm good." He responds calmly, turning to Pedro as he looks around suspiciously, in what I think is his attempt to scope out the area.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I ask jokingly, unable to stop myself from laughing at his stupidity. Sometimes I wonder how he got into this kinda work, until I see how good he is with a gun.

"I'm checking out the scenery." He responds blankly, "What the fuck do you think I'm doing?"

"Looks like you're a meth head looking for a half tapped needle." Carloz chimes in, placing one duffel bag on the floor.

Ignoring his response, Pedro makes his way towards the bag on the floor, picking up a small hand gun before turning to me, swinging it slightly as he speaks. "Where is everyone else anyway?"

I shrug, trying to conceal my annoyance. I know Arturo won't be here but where the fuck are G, Daniel and Fernando? Shit like this makes me wish I handled this alone, there's no point having half these pendejos on my payroll if they can't get this shit right.

Two more cars pull up and Daniel steps out immediately, adjusting his three piece suit before grabbing a large leather briefcase from his passenger seat. This is the kinda pendejo you expect to see at a business deal.

Fernando leaves his truck too, and I realise we've damn near blocked up the entire entry way with our cars, maybe we should've coordinated a little better.

"Traffic." Daniel explains shaking his head, turning to his watch to check the time. "Is the Miguel here yet?"

"That's the buyer?" I respond with an eyebrow raised, I've heard that name a few times, never for good reasons.

Daniel sighs, placing one hand in his front pocket. "Yeah, you don't read the emails I send you?"

"I have an email?" I joke, happy to see he made it vaguely on time. I feel like him and Pedro are the only two in the Siete I can trust right now, the word trust being used loosely.

Ignoring Daniel's lecture I look behind him, watching Fernando walk to the other end of the bay with two bags in his hand. Confused as to what the hell is going on I call out to him, my voice echoing over the water. "Where you going Santos?"

My body language matches my confusion as I watch him turn, slightly surprised. Is he high or something?

"Me?" He asks, pointing to himself.