"Look, don't fuck with me." I say frustratedly, almost hanging up.

"Fuck with you?" He finally responds, "I'm not the dumbass following people around in his own car, I could tell you were tailing me for like two weeks man." He laughs to himself, making me even more frustrated.

"So why the fuck did you wait till now to tell me?"

"So you can see how easy it is" He responds smugly, as I furrow my brows in confusion, what the fuck is he talking about?

"To what?"

"To put this cartel shit aside and make some real money."

"Real money?" I scoff, "Motherfucker I saw you at Tito's with Eduardo and those cholos, it sure looked like Cartel shit to me."

"Not everything is what it looks like." He continues, this asshole must think he's the riddler or something.

"Get the fuck out of my phone." I answer in disgust, we've been working together for how long and now he's buying into whatever pyramid scheme that bald overgrown cholo promised him? He's gonna end up like everyone else who fucks around with Saco, dead.

"What do you think would happen if we didn't have this territory shit going on? Huh? You think it makes sense to waste all that money, killing other pendejos so we can sell product to 401k assholes and their back alley strippers?" He questions, his tone making me angrier by the minute.

"Who the fuck died and made you Mother Theresa." I spit back in anger.

"You know I'm right." He responds blankly, "This shit with J or Saco isn't going anywhere and you know it."

"Oh so you wanna fuck J over is that it? You wanna kill Saco too? Take everything for yourself?" I respond in irritation.

"Calm down I'm not trying to fuck over anyone." He clears his throat before continuing. "I'm on no one's side. I'm just saying that these assholes can't gang bang if there's no money to make moves with, that's the legal shit that I deal with. When I'm done there will be no cars, no houses, and no businesses- legit or otherwise."

I almost interrupt him but I pause, entertaining his bullshit for a moment.

"Like it was never there, everything gone in 24 hours, max.

"Then what happens then?" I question quietly, hearing Carmen step out of the shower. I need to wrap this shit up quick, she hates when I take work calls at home.

He laughs before continuing, "Then when the poor pendejos wake up with nothing but a unlicensed guns and a couple dollars to their name, they'll take themselves out, and I'm home free."

"And you're telling me this because?" I question, knowing he knows I'm gonna tell J all of the fucked up shit he's saying.

"Because you have a chance to get in on this, while you can. You know what goes on probably more than J does, we'd be a good team."

"Team?" I laugh, he has me all the way fucked up.

"Don't bullshit me." He laughs again, "You really think J is gonna trust you after you almost got his little fuck toy killed?"

I cringe instantly after hearing how he talks about Breo, immediately coming to her defence, she has nothing to do with any of this. "Hey man don't talk about her like that."

"Whatever. I'm just saying, we're talking about upwards of 100 million dollars, Each- and that's not even taking Saco's shit into account."

My ears ring as soon as I hear the amount, and I stay silent.

"Look." Arturo sighs before continuing. "You know you shouldn't be talking to me, but you are, so let's keep this shit brief. If you keep all this quiet and lay low, I'll know where you stand. You aren't the first to look the other way."

"Huh?" I respond in disbelief. "Who else are you working with?"

"Just think about the 100 million G, and call me back when you make up your mind."

He hangs up before I even have the chance to respond, as I watch Carmen walk in with a towel wrapped around her chest, hair still wet.

"You okay baby?" She asks softly, walking over to straddle me in my chair.

"Oh so this is what you wanna do?" I ask her playfully, reaching under her towel slowly.

"Mhm." She says with a nod, taking my phone out of my hand, and throwing it onto the bed behind us.

I hate myself for even considering Arturo's offer, I know what Carmen would think of me too. Money is never worth fucking up our brotherhood, but I guess money can make a man do crazy shit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Writers note

Thank you so much for 50K reads! It means so so so so much! It's so nice to see so many new regular readers too!!

Thoughts on who else in the Siete is working with Arturo? Or do you think he's just bluffling?

What do you guys also think of Javier and Breo's love confession! It was so fun to write! I wish I had a love like theirs 😭

Thank you so so so much again! I love all of you honestly, I never thought I'd make something people would like so it means a lot 🥹🫶🏾

I have the next few chapters planned so buckle up!!