Chapter 8

[Cody's POV]

I: NEW KID!

I turn my head, as I see Izzy stand up and put her hands onto the table, leaning a bit over it.

C: Yes...?

I: HOW DID YOU AND NOAH BECOME FRIENDS??

I didn't mind the question, but her yelling, tone and her excited expression threw me off, and I looked at her with my eyes wide, looking pretty shocked.

G: Don't scare the kid away! But we really are curious. You two seem to get along REALLY well, which is quite weird, for how Noah is...

Gwen looks a bit to the side, looking like she's really thinking about it. Izzy leans in a bit more.

I: SO?? TELL US!

(A/N: I had a lot of fun drawing this! I'm working on drawing more different types of expressions, poses and etc

(A/N: I had a lot of fun drawing this! I'm working on drawing more different types of expressions, poses and etc.! And I def think, that drawing for this fanfic, has made me improve! :D I'm working on a larger drawing (With Noah, Cody, Gwen, Owen, Eva and Izzy all in it!) at the moment as well, for a few chapters later, in the story. So let's hope I finish it, and it turns out good!)

C: Um- Well we met at the park!

I'm just gonna give the explanation Noah told his mom, plus some reality, of course! (A/N: Noah told Cody the lie he made up, so if anyone asked him for details, they would still go by the same story!)

I: AND??

Eva scoot closer to Izzy, grabs onto the top of her shoulders and push her down, so she's sitting again.

E: Calm down. If you talk so loudly Noah will realize what's happening.

I: Oops-

Izzy covers her mouth.

C: "Noah will realize what's happening."??

G: You didn't hear that!

I'm a bit concerned... What's happening?? Why can't Noah know?? I think they realize the panic in my face.

G: No no! Don't panic! We just wanna know why you two are so close! Like we've known Noah for A WHILE! And he never acts like that around people, especially not new people-

I breathe out in relief. But what do they mean by that? I mean Noah's so friendly! I can see that he's a bit calm about everything? And roll his eyes a lot! But still so friendly, and he has treated me so nicely!

C: Do you think I'm doing something he dislikes??

E: Nah. More like the opposite. People annoy him a lot, and very easily. But he genuinely smiled, talking to you.

My eyes widen in a bit of shock. Does that mean he enjoys my presence, just like I enjoy his?!

G: Yeah! It's so weird-