What's a 'Halloween'?

Ta-da! I have prepared a Halloween special for you all. I'm so happy for hitting 3k reads on this book, I don't think I ever planned for this book to make it this far! I hope you all enjoy this extra special chapter. (Note: This would all be taking place after the story, so Rayla and Zaira are officially together now. And you might just notice some other things 👀)

I was writing in my journal, minding my own business. Nyx was curled up next to me on my bed and was purring loudly. Juno was laying  beside me as well, he was rolled onto his back and his  paws were outstretched as he was in a blissful sleep. My head turned upwards to the door of my room, there was some indistinct whispering behind it. I waited for a few moments before it finally stopped. Nyx and Juno didn't seem bothered, so I assumed it was just some guards talking. I look back down to my journal and continued writing.

"BOO!" My door slammed open, and caught me completely off-guard. I tried moving back from where the sound had come from, but it only resulted in me falling off the side of my bed. I winced slightly as my head hit the ground with a thud.

I slowly sat up, trying to come back and remember what was going on. I looked in the doorway to see Callum, Ezran, and Rayla standing there in shock. Rayla was the first to start laughing, I rolled my eyes and rubbed the spot where my head hit. 

"Such a kind and caring lover you are." I huff, she was always the first to laugh at my pain. However, she always made up for it later. "I'm sorry it's just.. your reaction was priceless!" Callum and Ezran were softly laughing. Rayla walked over to me and helped me up. Her cuddlemonkey, Stella had jumped onto the side of my bed where Nyx and Juno were now standing. I rolled my eyes before playfully pushing her away and walking towards Ezran and Callum. Nyx and Juno jumped off the bed and followed me.

"Just because you guys are the most important people to me, doesn't mean I won't use magic on you." I state, walking down the hall with the three of them trailing behind me like lost puppies. I carefully wiped off the invisible dirt from myself,  "That goes for you too, King Ezran." I smirk, turning around to face him. They all just glanced at each other for a moment. "But it's scary season, Zaira!" Callum complained. 

I just shrugged and turned back around. The only holiday I had every really celebrated with my family was Christmas, but that all stopped after I turned four or five. I didn't really care though, I always spent the holidays reading or playing with Isla anyway. At least that was before the whole incident happened. "I don't celebrate those holiday's anymore, I think I can only vaguely remember what the holiday is even called." 

I continued walking down the hall with Nyx, before realizing that the others weren't following. I turned around towards them a little confused. Their eyes were wide with shock as if they couldn't believe what they just heard. "Even Xadia celebrates holidays! Although they just don't have the same names as yours." Rayla commented, Stella looked bewildered and turned around on Rayla's shoulder, not even able to face me right now. I put my hands up in defense. "I just never really celebrated them, I only celebrated Christmas, but that was when I was five." 

"But that's outrageous! You don't even know what Halloween is?" Callum spoke incredulously. I shook my head. Rayla walked over and grabbed my hand, before marching me down the hall. "We are going to do every Halloween thing there is here in Katolis." She spoke firmly, it was clear she did had a bit of trouble pronouncing Halloween.

The first place we went to were the markets. The three of them practically dragged to every single shop that had a Halloween item, through this all they explained every fine detail of it all. It was rather bizarre to experience. It got to a point where Juno and Nyx were tired of walking. I placed Juno in my little satchel and let Nyx lay across my shoulders.