Chapter 20: Dreams

_______________________________________________________

WARNING THIS CHAPTER WILL CONTAIN

MILD BLOOD 

MANIPULATION

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

_______________________________________________________

I could feel my body again, I could move my fingers, my arms, my legs, and best of all, I could open my eyes. Though, I wish I couldn't open them.

My eyes were met with a terrible sight, a person standing in the distance that I knew all too well. I felt like crying when I saw her. I stood up, ignoring the fact that I was in some sort of space that went on forever. There was dim lighting that was coming from and unknown source.

"Isla?.." I called out softly, her eyes moved up to meet mine. She had a large grin on her face, a grin that only screamed danger. It made my whole body want to run, but I couldn't. Isla was family, and I was seeing her again, she was here, right in front of me.

"Hi there, sister. Long time no see." She hummed out as she walked towards me. The movement of her body caused the liquid that we were standing in to ripple and let whatever dim lighting shine off of it. 

"But.. How?" I asked, as she stood right in front of me and seemed to loom over me. I could see there was a long red mark that stretched around her neck. It seemed to be bleeding of blood, I felt my heart break as I knew exactly what had caused that mark. 

"Because you let me in! Let me be here with you!" She spoke in a loud voice that carried something evil behind it. 

"Let you in?" I echoed. What did she mean by 'I let her in.'?

"Yes! That magic you used, it allowed me to come and visit you." 

"That doesn't make sense. I can only see you if I use the dark magic?" I felt my voice break, the longer I stood here staring at Isla, the worse I felt.

"I knew you'd grow up to be smart! All you have to do is just continue using dark magic, and we can finally spend time together." Her voice was sweet and was trying to lure me into whatever trap she had been planning. She tried to cup my face in her hands, but I backed off. 

"What's wrong? Aren't you happy to see me?" I met her eyes and stared into them, I didn't know why I hadn't seen it before, but her eyes were wide and it caused a sense of fear to jolt up spine. 

"You aren't Isla." I spoke calmly. She let out a loud laugh and held her chest in a way to try and control her laughter. 

"Of course I am, silly! Who else would I be?" I glanced to the floor, thinking of her question. I wasn't sure who this was, Isla was never like this. She spoke in calmer manners and her voice was always soft, not loud and cheerful.

"Come on, I'll help you learn the ways of dark magic. It can help you." Her voice rang through again, I quickly shook my head and backed up further.

"No, it can't. I won't let you control me again, the last time I murdered people and then lost you. I'm not making that mistake again, I won't loose anyone else." I looked up and met her gaze.

"I've already found people that can and have helped me. I don't need to take innocent creature's lives just to feel better about myself. I'm walking my own path this time, Isla." The ground suddenly started to shake. Isla's figure had slowly faded to dust, that dust slowly faded into a thick pool of blood.