Chapter 16

Serena looked at Rick in surprise, as if he had leapt out of her thoughts to come and stand in front of her.
Rick, dressed dreamily in jeans and a leather jacket. He looked so hot!
'You!'
She looked beyond him, and saw his eyebrows shoot up in amusement.
'Where did you spring from?'

Rick chuckled, before seating himself in the seat next to hers.
'I definitely didn't appear out of thin air..'

Serena rolled her eyes at that.
'Must you always give sarcastic answers?'

'To see that look on your face? Sure!'
He grinned as he saw her eyes flare, just like he had thought they would.
That look was now etched in his mind as Serena's.

'Fine! Don't tell! I'll just go and join my..'
She moved to get up, but found that she couldn't, when Rick's hand on her arm stopped her.

'Relax! No need to go rushing off on my account.'
Rick said, as Serena sat back.

Her pulse picked up pace as  Rick's hand slid down her arm till his thumb found the inner side of her wrist. He began to stroke it. Serena bit her lip, and saw his eyes shift to watch. She quickly licked her lips, and realised that that was a bad idea, when a look of desire flashed through his eyes. She swallowed as Rick's head shifted towards her. Her heart beat loud in her chest, the impact of his stroking thumb and flaring eyes, causing her breath to leave her with shortened gasps. His head lowered further, but just then, the sound of laughter behind them, caused them to spring apart.
Serena snatched her hand away from his, before turning to look behind her. Thankfully, no one was standing watching them, the laughter continuing from the passengers behind them.
Phew! What was I about to do? Get a hold of yourself, Serena!
She turned back to see Rick getting up.

'I have to get back!'
Rick looked down at her.
'I had just come to check if all was well here..'
And to see you, ofcourse..

'Get back where? Is there another grand room where you are sitting?'
Serena asked him, frowning, and saw him smile.

'Well, there is a private bedroom, complete with bed and a shower..want me to show you?'
Rick asked with amusement, and saw her eyebrows shoot up on her forehead.

'N..no..thanks, I'll pass..'
Serena shifted in her seat, looking uncomfortable.

Rick chuckled.
'Too bad..'
And saw her narrow her eyes at him.
'I'll be in the cockpit if you need me. Just ask..'

'Cockpit??'
Serena's voice raised in surprise.

'Yes! If we all have to reach Washington, I have to go and take my seat..'

'You are sitting with the pilot? Is that allowed?'
Serena looked puzzled.

Rick grinned now.
'No! It's not allowed! I have to sit there, because I am the pilot!'

'What?!?!'
Rick's announcement had her jump up from her seat, and all conversation behind them stopped. She saw everyone looking towards them with curiosity, and quickly turned back to Rick.
'You are the pilot?'
She had everyone's attention now.
'You mean..you have been flying this plane since the last..'
She paused, trying to remember.

'Fifty minutes!'
Someone piped in from the lounge.

'Yeah..fifty minutes..you..'

'Indeed!'
Rick nodded his head.

'OMG! Good looking, rich and talented to boot!'
One of the women good naturedly swooned, bringing lightness to the situation.

Everyone began talking at once, till Rick put up a hand.
'You all enjoy the rest of the flight. I'll see you all in Washington.'
While everyone wowed over what they had discovered, Rick looked at Serena.
'Do you want to come and see?'
When Serena looked at him blankly, he waved a hand in front of her eyes.