Prologue

He was here...

She could sense it, even without looking over her shoulder. Such was the energy his aura radiated.

She could easily picture the brown, wavy hair curling at his nape. The muscular biceps flexing, as he flicked his wrist to check the time. The brown eyes that seemed to hold dark secrets. The deep voice with which he charmed all the waitresses.

His presence was enough to get the female crowd fawning over him, even though he always had one or the other female accompanying him.
And it was no wonder..he was one handsome man.

As she turned to the sound of laughter behind her, where a group of men and women were happily enjoying themselves, her eyes couldn't help but seek him out amongst the evening crowd.

It was him alright.

And, just as she had imagined.
The only difference tonight, however, was that he was neither busy eating nor talking to his companion. Instead, he was looking at her..yes, straight at her.

Someone called out for her attention, and she blinked, quickly shifting her eyes away from probing ones..and her thoughts, too.

She got busy, and it was a while, before she could look his way again. But it seemed,  that she had left it a bit late.
The customers on the table had been replaced by another couple.

My luck..

Sighing, she turned towards the counter, only to come to a dead stop.
For he stood near the entrance, his stance casual, hands in his pant pockets, as if he had just been waiting for her to turn around and look.
As she caught his eye, her mouth widened in surprise.

Because, after giving her a two finger salute, and a knowing look, he turned around and left.

To be continued...