Dead Bones Brook

Începe de la început

"Skull joke!" Luffy parroted, clapping his hands over his head.

"As a gentleman, I enjoy the time spent awaiting my meal..." Brook muttered as he neatened his formal clothing and afro before picking up his cutlery to clash together in a bizarre symphonic ritual with Luffy. "Dinner, dinner! Come on baby!"

"Food! Food!" Luffy echoed.

"Chef, could I also havesome milk to drink as well–"

"Just shut up and wait!" Sanji yelled.

"So anyway, Korobokle..." Luffy spectacularly mangled the pronunciation.

Brook held up both hands. "Oh, no, it's Brook. Oh, I'm sorry, but I don't have your name...?"

"Me? I'm Luffy," the captain replied. "So, anyway, what are you?"

"You two didn't even ask that kind of thing?" Zoro yelled in disbelief.

Further interrogation was avoided with the arrival of a completely octopus dinner, Yukiko while eating, was also feeding Varian his bottle.

"Oh, is he still a baby?" Brook asked.

"Yeah, he was just born a few days ago." Yukiko nodded as Pachi and Cheshire also ate.

"And I can't help but notice that the strange shadow creature..." Brook said.

Cue Sparks.

"Gengar the Shadow Pokémon,
On the night of a full moon, if shadows move on their own and laugh, it must be Gengar’s doing. It hides in shadows. It is said that in rooms where Gengar is hiding, the temperature drops by nearly 10 degrees Fahrenheit. It apparently wishes for a traveling companion. Since it was once human itself, it tries to create one by taking the lives of other humans."

Usopp and Chopper suddenly moved away from Cheshire who giggles.

"That information always gives Gengars a bad reputation. They are more of pranksters than harmers." Yukiko assures them.

All the while, Luffy made mumbling sounds that could only charitably be called words that Brook, against all reason, seemed to understand.

"How does he even understand...?" Nami murmured to herself.

"Aquarium! Yay, aquarium!' Brook chanted.

"Just shut up and eat!"

----------

"The Yomi Yomi no Mi?" Franky muttered. "So you ate a Devil's Fruit..."

"Yes," Brook gravely replied. "To tell the truth, I already died once years ago."

"First, clean your face," Sanji told him. "How d'you get yourself so dirty?"

Brook put down the towel that he cleaned himself off with, before picking a toothpick. "The Yomi Yomi no Mi... grants the ability to resurrect, as a resurrected human..." the toothpick tickled his teeth as he told them. "So you have the promise of a second life, it's a very mysterious ability."

"A resurrected human?!" Luffy had stars in his eyes.

"It's the first time I've seen this," Yukiko observed.

"Pachi."

"Gen gen."

"So you get resurrected after dying, eh?" Franky asked.

"Ah yes, where was I..." Brook murmured. "Long ago, on the pirate ship I was on before, the crew I was a part of came to this sea. However... unluckily for us, incredibly powerful foes appeared. Our whole crew perished in battle. Of course, I died as well... you see, while I lived, the Yomi Yomi no Mi simply made me unable to swim... However, that day, the fruit became more than just that! My soul... returned from the underworld to this world! If I was able to find my body, I would be revived. However, as you can see, the fog of this sea makes it difficult to navigate, and I became lost for an entire year in this mist. However, once I finally found my body, it had been reduced to nothing but bones!"