Chapter 25: Calm Before The Storm

He didn't know it at the time, but that nap would be the last time he'd be in Nagazora.

[Hours Later]

What was supposed to be a short and brief nap wound up being a long sleep as Alex had slept for a long while which was warranted as he had been through a lot the past couple of days and desperately needed rest.

However this sleep would be interrupted as he would feel the sudden rumbling of the ground which stirred him but wasn't enough to wake him up.

That was until the sudden sounds of explosions quickly startled the boy awake as he jolted out of his bed and onto the floor.

Half awake now he looked around in confusion until multiple loud banging knocks on his head were heard which made him fully awake now.

"C-Coming!" He said quickly going to the door and opening it to see a really pissed off Tesla.

"About damn time!"

"H-How long did I sleep for Doctor?"

"Too long but that isn't important right now! You need to head outside right now, defend the Helios, and find Kiana and Mei!"

"What's going on?"

"As far as I know there's been a sudden Honkai Spike and a severe one at that! The whole city's been raised into the air! Worst of all Mei's been gone for the past two hours and Kiana's gone out to defend against the Honkai Beasts despite her condition! Please you need to go find them!"

"R-Right on it!'

Alex quickly grabbed his sword and ran outside of the Helios as what he saw shocked him.

The entire city was casted in a bright, purple glow as every building was somehow now levitating in the air as Alex looked over the edge and saw that the flood waters were unusually way lower than before

Eventually the bright light went away as now the city was completely engulfed in heavy storms as rain pounded away harder than ever before as the wind picked up a ton as well.

"Damn this isn't good. I need to find Kiana and Mei immediately!" Said Alex as he began to run off hoping to find some clues to the girls' location.

As he ran around, he noticed multiple droves and groups of Honkai Beasts infesting the area however these weren't normal Honkai Beasts.