Chapter 21: A White Star

The trio had returned to the Roost as Sora hid behind a window, secretly glancing at them as they did.

Raven would quickly spot her and approach as she handed her something.

"Here. Share it with the others. I didn't make it. It's candied rice crisps I've bought from Shenzou." She said.

"Thank you Sensei!" Said Sora as she grabbed the item and disappeared back inside.

With that taken care of, Raven would turn her attention back to the two.

"Give me a moment to triangulate the Herrscher's location. Oh right. Before I forget, I still owe you two." She said.

Raven would lead the two to a dilapidated shed as she'd enter inside and came put with in unconscious Tesla in a wheelchair as she was tied up and gagged.

Mei gasped in shock as Alex tried his absolute hardest to not die from laughter.

"D-Dr. Tesla!?" Said Mei.

"Ran into her before I found you two and Sora. There was a misunderstanding which she started. I only meant to restrain her. Gagging wasn't an option but her language was a little, unhealthy for the kids to hear. Take care of her and meet me at the wall. Remember, I promised Sora that I'd take you two alone. Be prepared. The dragon won't make it easy. I had sensed something rather strange while fighting it. It felt like, human sorrow. Pain and guilt. Instinct drives Honkai Beasts to gather around a Herrscher, but this one actively protects her. I didn't expect Honkai Beasts to have such feelings. Honestly reminds me of you two. Do your best kid and Ms. Raiden, but I doubt anything will change."

Raven would then leave, seemingly towards the Nagazora wall to wait for the two.

With the given time they had, Alex and Mei would both take Tesla back to the Helios and submit her into a medical room just incase as they removed her binds and gag that was on her mouth.

Eventually the red haired scientist would wake up naturally wondering where she was and what had happened.

Alex and Mei would inform Tesla on everything that occured and caught her up to speed as they would tell her about the whole situation with Raven and how she was currently helping them find Kiana, having just now  found her location and was currently waiting for them at the Nagazora wall.

"I see. While that's great and all, I'm still cautious about all this. Are you two sure you want to find Kiana with her help?" She asked.

"Raven intends to kill Kiana once she reaches her. Me and Mei don't really have a choice. We must be there to prevent that." Said Alex as Tesla groaned.

"This is getting out of hand. We need to call for support. That woman is extremely dangerous." She said.

"I know but this is different. Raven's acting alone on personal hatred. Her actions have nothing to do with the Serpent. She's hellbent on killing Kiana and won't spare anyone that comes across her path. Despite that, we need to go with her to even reach Kiana in the first place."

After Alex said that, Mei would suddenly stand up and face Alex with a serious face.

"Alex. I'd, like it if I went alone with Raven." She said.

"H-Huh? Why?" Asked Alex.

"Mei. Are you sure about this?" Warned Tesla.

Mei would then look down at the ground.

"So, so many times she was right there before. The Battle at Schicksal, the fight against Rita, and when Durandal took her, I could only watch on hopelessly as she was wrestled away, too weak to even do anything. Alex has stood up to his own Sensei for me twice, while I just stood back helpless." She somberly said.