Chapter 1: Aftermath

[Location: Arc City]

It had been four months. Four long months since that fateful day, however Alex still remembered that day very vividly, as all he could question was where it went wrong? How it went wrong? Why it went wrong?

Despite all those questions, Alex just shrugged them all off, not wanting to dwell on the past too much as he opened the door and entered entered his apartment room after going out for a grocery trip at the nearest market he could find that was even willing to be open under the current circumstances.

In the time that had passed since the Herrscher's awakening, the number of Honkai Beasts had went up exponentially as there were hoards of them everywhere in every place imaginable.

Arc City definitely was no exception as now pratically more than half of the city was on lockdown with just how many beasts roamed the streets at night.

It got so bad that the city itself had to forcefully install a city wide curfew to minimize casualties as best they could.

Alex set down the groceries he had bought onto the kitchen table as he grabbed his phone and looked over his contact list.

Mei, Bronya, and Theresa were all there.

As much as he desperately wanted to contact them, tell them that he was okay and still alive, he just couldn't bring himself to do it. Especially not in these conditions.

The boy merely sighed as he put his phone away and walked over to his room.

He opened the door and there she still was safe and sound.

Kiana, unconscious and fast asleep on his bed.

Alex had a breathe of relief before gaining back a serious tone as he looked over on his desk.

On it was a syringe like object with small traces of a blue liquid that used to be within.

Four months ago after Himeko's last stand against the Herrscher, the first thing Alex could remember was waking up next to an unconscious Kiana whose hair was down but had returned to normal as the exact same syringe like object was in her hand.

Logically with no where else to go, Alex had taken the unconscious girl with him to his apartment room to Arc City since it was really the only safe place he could think of.

Fast foward four months to today and here they were.

Kiana had still yet to awaken however she was still in good condition as Alex kept looking after her.

In fact Alex had looked after Kiana so much that he was starting to lose some sleep over it, however the girl's condition was absolutely paramount in his mind.

After checking up on the girl, Alex went over to his living room as he turned on the television and began to watch the news.

Currently on was the news anchor informing everyone that Arc City's curfew was about to come up in a few minutes and that they should all head home as soon as possible before the city would enter lockdown as the Honkai Beasts would arrive shortly thereafter.

Aside from that, nothing on the air was really capturing the boy's interest until he heard the anchor move onto another topic, a topic that definitely concerned him.

"Onto other news, we here at Arc City Live have received an important message from not only Schicksal but also Anti-Entropy as well for all Arc City residents. Both organizations state that if any of you come across a girl with long white hair, blue eyes, and a predominantly white battlesuit, that you should quickly report her whereabouts to local authorities as soon as possible. With that being said, thank you all for turning in and we bid you a good night." Said the anchor as the news went of the air.