Chapter 12: Recuperation

An unknown amount of time had passed as Alex began to slowly open his eyes, being greeted by a blinding light above him.

He squinted his eyes as his vision eventually got adjusted to his current location.

Once that had happened, the boy slowly sat up and noticed that he has bandages wrapped around his torso, arms, forehead, and he also had a patch on his cheek.

'Even though I technically won the battle against Sensei, she still royally kicked my ass. Guess the student still hasn't surpassed the teacher yet. Oh well.' Thought the boy as he chuckled to himself quietly before looking around to survey his surroundings.

When he did, he noticed that he was in a room similar to what Himeko was in prior to her final battle against the Void.

"I must be in the Hyperion's Medical Bay." He said to himself before he heard the door to his room open.

"Oh you're awake? Finally it's about time." Said a female voice as Alex turned to face who it was.

It was a girl with red hair that was tied into two twin tails with red bows and had red eyes in which she wore red glasses over.

She wore a red tie, a white short sleeved shirt with a black dress worn over it, white tights, and brown business shoes.

The last interesting thing that Alex noticed about this girl was that while her right arm was normal, she wore a red gauntlet on her left hand that extended up to her elbow.

"This is our first time meeting one another. I assume you've meet the mophead already right?" Asked the red head.

'Mophead?' Thought the boy being immensely confused though the girl quickly released that he didn't understand who she was referring too.

"I'm talking about Einstein." She said.

"Oh. Y-Yeah I've met Dr. Einstein back at the tail end of the Schicksal raid. I'm assuming you're Dr. Tesla?" Asked Alex as she nodded her head.

"Correct. Frederica Nikola Tesla to be exact but everyone just refers to me as just Tesla or Dr. Tesla. I'm the mophead's partner." Said Tesla.

"I see. It's an honor to meet you Dr. Tesla. Um, how long was I out for?"

"A month." Casually said Tesla as Alex immediately coughed in shock.

"A-A month!?"

"Yeah? You sustained a hefty amount of injuries back at Arc City. Thankfully none were life threatening but you did lose a decent amount of blood. Especially from the three cuts marks on your back." Explained Tesla.