Chapter 6: Infiltration

To clarify one final time.

For those who are wondering why this story is now at Chapter Six instead of Chapter Eight, then that's because I took the original first two chapters of this story and moved them over to the prequel Merc's Involvement as its final three chapters.

So now what was initially Chapter Three in this story is now Chapter One.

I hope y'all understand, and please enjoy the remainder of this story.

--------------------------------------------------------

After the tense encounter with Rita, the group of three arrived back at Alex's apartment after making sure that they weren't followed.

Once inside, the boy saw Kiana walk off into the hallway as he was left to wonder what she was gonna do.

'Back there with Rita, she definitely let on to the fact that she may have a faint idea of what's really going on around here?' Thought Alex as he remembered that despite having spent two months looking after Kiana and assisting her in gaining control over her Herrscher powers, he still never really figured out the true cause as to why Honkai Beasts kept appearing and attacking in droves.

Initially he had assumed that it was due to Kiana being here as a recently awakened Herrscher, however ever since she began to control her powers, Alex would've thought that the outbreaks would've at least died down but they didn't.

His train of thought was then broken as he saw Kiana get his attention as he saw a board with multiple sticky notes and photos, all connected with lines.

"Wow. You sure did some serious detective work. I'm assuming you and Fu Hua did all this investigation behind my back right?" He asked.

Kiana looked a little guilty but Alex reassured her that he wasn't mad at all.

"Y-Yeah we did. It, was my idea. I told the Class Monitor that whenever you were asleep, that I'd go out and see what was really causing the outbreaks across Arc City." She said as Alex nodded.

"Honestly even I was shocked when Kiana had said that to me out of the blue." Said the voice of Fu Hua in Alex's mind as she was unfortunately not visible for him but was visible for Kiana. "What led you into realizing that someone was behind all these attacks?"

"During an attack, while Alex was busy fending off the remaining beasts, I ran helping people run to safety and came across a familiar face. It was a girl I had saved once before. When I saw her again, I noticed that she had a small infection of the Honkai Disease. Early on I had thought that all these attacks were caused by her waking up inside of me." Said Kiana.

"Me and Alex had constantly been by your side for months so we knew that more than likely you weren't to blame." Said Fu Hua.

"Precisely. Though that left the real reasoning up in smoke, we at least knew that it definitely wasn't you." Said Alex.

"I wasn't certain about that until I realized something. If I would've been the cause, then Honkai Beasts would've constantly spawned around me because of her. Since that never happened, that was when I realized that someone else was at fault." Explained Kiana before she began to point at the board.

"Look. Every spot we've been too to take down beasts seem to revolve around an epicenter. A central point."

As she said that, Alex took a closer look at the map trying to figure out where that was until Fu Hua rather quickly figured it out.