Chapter 15: Mysterious Girl

A few minutes would pass as the trio would return to the airship as the unknown kid was quickly taken into the medical bay.

Currently, Alex and Mei waited outside looking through the window on the door of the room she was in.

It didn't take long for her to wake up as currently she was in a conversation with Tesla.

After the two chatted for several minutes, Tesla would exit the room.

"Who is she Dr. Tesla?" Asked Mei.

"Well, she's exactly as we expected. A refugee. Local of Nagazora. Her name's Sora. She fled to the east side after the outbreak and has lived there ever since. Apparently, there's over a dozen kids like her all under sixteen that still live in the city after three years." Explained Tesla.

Alex really had no choice but to remain awkwardly quiet knowing all this information as Mei continued her questioning.

"How is that possible? Schicksal mobilized three branches for relief and evacuation. Were they left behind?" She asked.

"I asked her about the past but her memory is foggy. She can't remember anything about the Honkai. All the kids live in a place called the Roost. Ever head of it?"

"The, Roost? I don't remember a place like that in Nagazora."

"On top of that, they have a woman that oversees all the children as their parental figure. Sora referred to her as Sensei. According to her, she's mostly away but comes back every one to two months with supplies and food. That's what I find strange. If their caretaker can come and go as she pleases, why doesn't she get these kids out of here?" Asked Tesla as she just racked her brain due to how weird this situation was.

Mei stood up and decided to talk to her as she asked Alex to join her which he agreed to.

The two entered the room Sora was in as the girl turned to attention to see the two.

She smiled at Mei before noticing Alex as she happily got off the bed, running up to and hugging the boy was he awkwardly chuckled and hugged her back all the while Mei giggled, finding this scene a little cute.

"Seems I was right. You do know her Alex." She said.

'Y-Yeah I do." He responded as Sora eventually stopped the hug.

"I'm so happy to see you again Big Brother Alex." She said with a smile as Alex patted her head.

"Yeah. Same here Sora." Said the boy as she looked over and saw Mei.

"Is that your girlfriend." She asked as Mei immediately blushed as Alex awkwardly smiled and laughed as he quickly corrected her.

"L-Let's not get too ahead of ourselves okay Sora?" He said before clearing his throat and pointing at Mei. "She's Mei Raiden. Good friend of mine."

"Nice to meet you Sora. You can call me Mei." She said waving hello at the girl.

"Greetings Mei." She replied. "Thank you all for saving me."

"You're welcome. You have nothing to worry about. Your injuries will heal fast." Said Mei.

"Once you're all better we'll take you back okay? You hungry? Mei's a really good cook so you'll love it." Said Alex.

Before she answered, Sora would look out the window as Alex and Mei quickly realized why she was looking out there.

"Did you lose something?" Asked Mei.

"Yeah. It's a small robot. Round and blue. It's my friend. I call it Mark II. Sensei gave it to me but it wasn't next to me when I woke up. Mark II stores a lot of memories. I can't do munch without it.'