Chapter 5: Caught but Undeterred

[Back to the Present Day]

After handling tonight's mission, Alex drove himself and Kiana back to his apartment as eventually the two made it, walking in as Alex checked to make sure they won't followed before closing and locking the door.

Once he did that, he turned back to face Kiana who was stretching.

"How do you feel? Think you've gotten a better grasp on the Herrscher's powers?" He asked.

"Hmm, I think so. It is getting a little easier day by day and the headaches are starting to hurt less and less. Even so, I'm still not able to open very large rifts, not am I able to keep them open for very long. I hit my limit quickly." She responded.

"No worries Kiana. With my guidance and Alex looking after you, I'm sure that you'll get the hang of it." Said Fu Hua who gave Kiana a reassuring pat on the shoulder.

The girl nodded and gave her a smile.

"Thanks Fu Hua." She said.

"Alright come on. Let's sleep now." Said Alex as he said good night to Kiana with the girl saying it back.

The girl laid on the couch as Alex walked on over to his room, laying on the bed before the two eventually went to sleep.

[2 Days Later]

It was nighttime as Alex and Kiana were out on another mission, this time being within Arc City rather than at the outskirts.

Yesterday's mission went by without a hitch though Alex had noticed that they were a few Schicksal scouts in the area.

Alex assumed that they had been sent back to Arc City to make sure once more if Kiana was truly not here.

Though it wasn't all that many, the boy kept that in the back of his mind.

At the current moment, the two were walking on a small bridge as they approached a small batch of Honkai Beasts that were their target.

The two of them drew out their weapons before heading into the battle.

As per usual, the duo took quick care of the group with Alex letting Kiana utilize her Void powers to take down the last Honkai Beast.

Once they were all slained, Alex approached Kiana and was about to head back until he heard Fu Hua's voice in his head.

"Alex, watch out." She said.

"I knew I wasn't overreacting." He said quietly before turning around and holding his sword out, moving his right arm in front of Kiana to protect her.

"Alright. Show yourselves." He said.

In an instant, three Schicksal infantry women surrounded the two, all holding rifles to keep them at bay.

"C-Crap. Schicksal's here." Said Kiana.

Footsteps were heard in front of them as approached them was non other than Rita, who now wore different battlesuit than before.