Chapter 23: Aimless

The trio would hug for a bit before breaking it off as Kiana stretched.

"Just walking around and staying couped up in here is boring. Hey, let's head outside and walk around before the girls arrive." Excitedly said Kiana.

"You just woke up and already wanna get up and at em. Yeah you definitely haven't changed a bit." Said Alex with a snicker.

"Lkke you're one to talk runt." Retorted back Kiana.

"Are you sure you wanna go out now? You need rest." Said Mei.

"Yeah but moving around makes me feel better. You know that better than anyone Mei. Just lying in bed is making me feel like a potato. Plus, getting back to Nagazora wasn't easy. I really want to see this place one last time before I leave." She said.

Mei simply sighed but nodded her head.

"Fine. You can go but I'll be coming with you." She said as Kiana cheered.

"Awesome! I can't even remember the last time we went out together. I'll definitely get better with you around!" She said.

"This isn't exactly meant to be a casual walk Kiana." Replied Mei as Kiana turned to face Alex.

"Come on Alex let's go!"

"Actually, I'm gonna decline. You two go and head out. I'm sure there's still more you two wanna say to one another. Don't be out for too long though." He said.

Though a little upset, Kiana nodded and took Mei as the two went outside into Arc City.

While Alex did wanna go with them, he had stayed because he wanted to at least start training a little bit to just activate the stored Honkai Energy within Olympus since he was sure that just that would recquire a lot of concentration and energy.

He would leave the room and after asking a staff member, he'd find and entered a large empty training room and stood in the middle.

Alex would then grab the sword off of his back and held it with both hands in front of him.

He inspected the red line running down the blade that lead towards a large red mass just above the handle

'That must be where the energy gets stored. Now, how to activate it.' He thought as he stood still holding the blade and began to focus and concentrate on it.

Alex stayed like this for a few minutes waiting for at least something to happen however nothing did.

"Come on. Please at least something." He said to himself as he grabbed his left wrist and focused even more.

That was when he felt the sword suddenly begin to heat up as he opened his eyes and saw it glow a very faint red.

Alex kept on focusing hoping to achieve a small fire however as he did, a fire did indeed appear briefly encasing the sword however the boy would immediately let go due to how damn hot the sword was becoming.