Chapter 22: Reunited

[A few minutes prior to Mei bringing Kiana to the Helios]

"Hello? It's me." Said Raven who currently was out by herself in the city after having just lost her battle against Mei as she was now seemingly contacting someone.

"What's your status?" Said a deep sounding, almost robotic like voice.

"I'm doing rather well. Honkai levels in Nagazora are approaching potential eruption status. Testing my proceed as scheduled." She said as the voice began to laugh a bit. "What's so funny?"

"Doing well eh? I already see right through you. I'm well aware about that little side project of yours."

"Well, that's just lovely to hear."

"I'm getting tired of repeating myself to you Natasha. For the last time our Sire has final say on deciding what K-423's fate will be. Acting on our own accord is treason. I hope you know that you won't get away with this. You're actions will have consequences."

Raven kept quiet for a moment before chuckling to herself.

"We'll see about that." She said.

"Oh really? What makes you so sure you can stave off punishment?"

"Kiana Kaslana is worthless to the Serpent if she remains a partial Herrscher. That's something you can't fix. Thankfully, just now I found a suitable replacement that can definitely give the World Serpent the power it needs. This power will surely complete the Herrscher's metamorphosis."

[Back at the Helios]

Currently, the trio were sitting in the main lounge room aboard the airship as an hour had passed after surgery had been completed on the unconscious Kiana.

While Alex just sat on the couch, Tesla would finish brewing a coffee and handed it to Mei who was sitting at a table.

"Here. You desperately need some rest." Said the redhead and Mei accepted the drink.

"Thank you." She said, placing it down.

Even after Kiana had successfully been stabilized, the three Herrscher Cores within her continued to erode and and corrupt her body and mine withour any issue.

The realization slowly sank in for Alex and Mei as they knew that there was no longer a way for Kiana to fight this anymore. She had two months of life left as of now.

"I-I..................still, can't believe this. It's.....too sudden." Said Mei.

"Yeah. Just four months ago she was fine and was doing a good job at controlling the Herrscher. Didn't thing the damn thing would push her to the brink so quickly." Said Alex.

"No worries you two. As I said the Hyperion is headed over here at full speed not to mention that our Sovereign is also looking into this. Believe me, nobody knows Herrschers better than Welt. I wanted to move Kiana somewhere safe but unfortunately we picked up some Schicksal activity in the Far East. We can't take risks. Especially not now so waiting for help was the only play in hand." Explained Tesla.

"Dr. Tesla. Can I please ask for a favor? Don't tell Kiana about her condition. Not until we get her final diagnosis at least." Said Mei as Alex nodded.

"Yeah. Right now she desperately needs to lay low and avoid detection. If she becomes aware of this, she'll definitely blame herself again and run off to keep us safe in her mind." Added Alex.

The scientist would nod in agreement.

"I understand. No worries. I won't say a thing about it. Right now our priority should be reassuring and making her feel better." She said.