Chapter 3: Changed Self

A month would pass after Kiana had finally awoken.

During that time, both Schicksal and AE's search parties would eventually leave and go elsewhere after finding no clues and traces to Kiana's location.

As the days had gone by, Alex would provide for himself and Kiana, as he was the one that would go out to work and occasionally get groceries whenever they'd run out.

The boy would also cook for the both of them as well, though it was mostly just basic and simple dishes.

For the most part, it seemed that Kiana had more or less come to terms with her current situation a little bit, though Alex could easily tell that the girl still wasn't all there mentally as he'd occasionally spot her just sitting on her own for minutes.

As much as he wanted to ask if she way okay, he felt it was better to let her attend to her own feelings and emotions.

Recently however, this instances would occur more and more, as Alex was starting to get genuinely concerned for her wellbeing.

His concern for her became more rampant the previous day as he spotted her extemely late at night, holding both hands to her head in pain.

Currently, the two were just browsing whatever was being shown on tv, until Alex had gotten another mercenary request which he accepted.

As he put on his coat and hooked his sword onto his back, he was about to head out before Kiana grabbed onto his wrist.

"Hm? What's up?" Asked Alex.

"Please. Can I, make a phone call?" She asked.

The boy was caught off guard by this sudden question.

"Uh, yeah I guess but to who?" He asked.

"I, wanna call Mei." She said.

"No." Immediately said Alex.

"H-Huh? Fine then, can I call Bronya?" She asked again.

"Kiana, I said no." Said the boy.

"W-What? Okay what about Aunt Teri?"

"I said no!" Shouted Alex.

"Why the hell can't I call anyone!? They need to know that we're okay!" Said Kiana as now both were annoyed at one another.

"Look Kiana I understand that but you just can't call anyone! Schicksal is out to get you! Knowing them, they potentially have eyes and ears everywhere! It's too dangerous for you! Just, stay here and don't leave!" He said as Alex soon walked out of the apartment room, boarding his motorcycle and driving off to where his job was located.

On the way there, he thought over on what had just went down between him and Kiana as he began to regret how he handled the situation.

'I shouldn't have yelled at her back there. It's just, with what Rita told me last month, I can't risk anything with her. I just hope she understands the box we're in at the moment.' Thought the boy to himself as he eventually arrived at the location.

After a couple of minutes had passed, Alex had successfully taken down another group of Honkai Beasts just roaming about the city, however with the numbers he had to deal with, the boy was definitely tired and prepared for a long night's sleep.

Alex got onto his bike as he drove back to the apartment.

He eventually made it back and opened the door, walking inside.

"Kiana I'm home." Said the boy who received no response.

He looked around and saw that she wasn't in the kitchen or the living room so he immediately assumed that she was already asleep in his room.