Chapter 8: The Lab

After a long and hard fought night, the two had successfully brought Rita over to Alex's apartment as they laid her down on the couch before the two took a huge sigh of relief, having gotten away from the ambush at Heliopolis.

"Christ. I definitely expected some kind of action tonight but this was definitely a tick above what I expected." Said Alex.

"Y-Yeah. Things got pretty hectic down there with Rita." Said Kiana.

"Alex. Did you get the information that we went to look for."  Asked Fu Hua.

"Hm? Oh, right. Come with me." Alex said as he dragged Kiana over to his room.

Though Rita was out cold due to extreme exhaustion, Alex was not gonna take that chance with her being around to hear in case she was somehow faking it.

The two entered his room as Alex began to talk.

"Okay. For starters, you were right. Kiana is most certainly not the cause of the recent Honkai Outbreaks in Arc City." He said as Kiana sighed in relief, just glad to be 100% sure it wasn't her even though she knew herself that it wasn't.

"Then what's behind all this?" Asked Fu Hua.

"From what I read, Some organization with Serpent with their name is planning to release and detonate a bomb that'll create an artificial Honkai Eruption. It'll cover the entire city in an attempt to create a new batch of Honkai Resistant humans. This operation is called Projecy Stigma." Said Alex.

"W-Wait so, whoever is behind all this is gonna give the entire city a Stigmata?" Asked Kiana.

"They're definitely gonna try at least. Remember what they taught you at St. Freya Kiana. It's rare for a human to be accepted by a new Stigmata. Chances are more than likely that a majority of these people will be rejected and become Honkai Beasts themselves. If that happens, Arc City will definitely become uninhabitable." Said Fu Hua as Kiana looked down with a somber look.

"Just like Nagazora when Mei became a Herrscher." She said before shrugging that off as she looked back up with confidence. "We won't let that happen. We're gonna save this city!"

"Yeah. Don't worry we will. For now though let's get some shut eye. We need plenty of rest for whatever tomorrow has in store for us." Said Alex.

With that, Kiana bid Alex a goodnight as she went over to the guest room while the boy laid down on his bed and quickly conked out.

[TimeSkip]

Alex would slowly stir awake as he sat up and looked at the time on his phone.

"Damn. Only a few hours have passed huh?" He said.

He got out of his bed and room, walking on over to the guest room as he knocked.

No response.

He knocked again and still got nothing as he sighed.

"Kiana. I'm coming in." He said as he opened the door and entered the room to see it empty.

"What the? Ugh not again. That damn girl." Said the boy in an annoyed tone as he walked down the hall and hoped to see her in the living room as he didn't wanna automatically assume that she had ran off on her own to do whatever.

Right as he was about to enter the hallway, he saw Rita exit the apartment, closing the front door.

'Where the hell does she think she's going? She isn't fully rested yet.' Thought Alex as he decided to carefully follow Rita.

The boy also exited his apartment and looked ahead to see the maid a fair distance away as he began to follow her, keeping a close enough but far distance.