♡ needed

JJ pulled up outside the school gates and walked in with haste. As soon as the school rang, telling her that you was sick, she got into the car from work. Emily advised her to take the rest of the day off to care for you and she agreed that was the best idea.

"Oh love," she pouted, walking into the nurse's office and seeing you curled up in the chair. You sighed and sat up, letting your heavy arms drop to your side.

"I've given her some medicine which should help but I think she just needs rest," the nurse informed JJ, handing her a letter outlining what was given, when and why. JJ nodded, thanking her and then took your hand.

"Let's get you home."

Sitting in the passenger seat, you could feel yourself getting warmer and warmer and feeling more and more poorly.

"You not going to work?" you asked your mum softly, croaking out the few words.

"No baby, I'm going to look after you," she said gently, moving some wet hair from your forehead and shooting you a worried look.

"I'm fine Mum," you replied, instinctively.

"Yeah yeah baby," she chuckled, knowing you'd insist you were absolutely fine. At sixteen years old, you never needed your mum anymore, or at least you claimed that. You were a strong independent person now and you could battle the world like the shining star you are. Yet on days like this, all you wanted to do was crawl into their comforting arms, embrace her love and never, ever let it go.

You lay across the sofa, shivering under blankets. JJ left you for a few minutes to get changed out of her work clothes. She'd already helped you change into your comfy clothes and had settled you on the sofa with the tv remote yet you had no effort whatsoever to put anything on. You felt emotional, over-tired and weak and you began to cry. Slow tears slipped down your cheeks and you couldn't wipe the away, letting them fall into the duct of your ears. You sighed. You hated being sick, it made you feel vulnerable. All you wanted was your mum.

"Okay sweet girl," your mum said, heading into the living room. "I brought more blankets and Mr Flopsy," she said, holding up a small grey bunny you'd had since you were a baby. "Oh," she muttered gently, noticing you crying. She sat beside you, moving more hair from your face and wiping your tears with the back of her hand.

"Why the tears, my love?" she asked gently.

"Need you," you whimpered, feeling small and as if your mum could make all your problems disappear with the wave of her magic wand.

"I'm here," she whispered gently. She turned out the big light and slid in behind you on the sofa, wrapping her arm securely around you and planting a gentle kiss on your forehead. She began playing with the remote and put Hairspray on - your all-time favourite movie - before pulling more blankets around you.

You held Mr Flopsy close to your face, running his fluffy ear down your nose as you did when you were a child. Curled in your mum's arms with a comfort movie on and your favourite thing was the best feeling in the world. Although you were sick, it didn't matter because you were loved by the one woman who would forever love you unconditionally.