♡ jumper

the bau were working hard on completing recent case files when they heard the commotion in the hallway outside. derek turned around first, being nosy. however, seeing jj's daughter, he rose to his feet.

people were crowding her. what was she even doing here?

"jj," derek said, tapping her shoulder and looking out the glass doors.

"i just need my jumper!" she cried, pushing people out of the way. jj jumped from her seat, walking over to her clearly distressed daughter. 

"mum! i need you," she said panicked, stopping in front of her mum.

"what are you doing here, y/n?" jj asked, looking her up and down. her school uniform was disheveled, the plaits in her hair were a mess- like she'd been rubbing her head constantly, something she did when stressed.

"mum my jumper," she whispered, glaring at her. "where is it?"

"baby it's not here!" jj said suddenly.

a security guard walked into the bau then, going to grab y/n's arm but morgan stopped him.

"it's fine, she's Jareau's daughter," he told the guard.

"she doesn't have a visitor badge. she just walked through," he groaned.

"i said leave it dude," morgan said. the guard walked off, shaking his head.

"mum i need my jumper!" y/n whined.

"you're meant to be at school!" jj argued.

"mum!" she groaned. she walked around her, beginning to search through jj's stuff. throwing the things out of her go bag onto the floor.

"baby no," she heard JJ say and she sighed loudly.

"i need it, why do you not understand?" she cried, shouting at her mum.

"i know, i know," jj whispered, putting her hands on her daughters arms. "but it's not here."

"then where is it? you've got to help me find it! they said you had it!" she pushed her mums chest and jj sighed. this jumper was y/n's comfort jumper. she went no where without it, it was old, tattered and hardly ever got washed but now she couldn't find it and the world was upside down. jj knew how important the jumper was to her daughter.

"what's going on?" the team heard emily say from the stairs. y/n turned around from jj's arms and ran to her auntie emily.

"have you seen my jumper?" she asked, practically begging.

"your jumper? no baby, when did you last see it?"

"at school but- but -but the girls they took it and said mum has it," she cried out, looking at the team frantically. jj sighed then, taking out her phone and ringing the school. emily guided y/n into her office.

"sit down," she told jj's daughter.

"no, i nee- they said mum has it! why is she lying to me?" she cried, rubbing at her head. emily sighed and walked over to the teenage girl.

"was it the same girls? hannah and freya?" emily asked, crouching down in front of her. y/n just nodded, feeling herself growing more and more panicked. these girls regularly bullied y/n, for being different. they'd obviously taken her jumper and told her that her mum had it - causing her to leave school and head here.

"listen sweetheart," emily muttered, running her fingers down y/n's arms. she knew it soothed her, she'd been doing it since she was young. "your mums talking to school now. she'll find your jumper."

"i need it now," she began to sob and emily could only comfort her in the way she knew how. arm tickles and forehead kisses.

"put someone on the damn phone who knows what i'm talking about!" jj shouted down the phone. she's excused herself to her old office, trusting that emily had her daughter safe.

"i am sick to death of this happening," jj said. "did you even know she'd left? what if something had happened to her?" she was getting angrier and angrier. "no! she's autistic, not special. why can't you see that! you're allowing them girls to ridicule her and bully her day in and day out and you're doing nothing about it."

"i don't care if you understand because you clearly don't. i am coming to get my daughters jumper and to clean out her locker because there is no way i am sending her back into your care. authorities will be hearing about this," jj told them. she slammed the phone down and took a few deep breaths.

for the last 16 years y/n had always been excluded, different- unique. she had a mind of a genius, she didn't talk a lot and she took things very literally. she wasn't one for physical contact unless it was auntie emily and she needed her routine. but since starting this school, jj had only grown more and more furious with their handling of her. she was a vulnerable child, she did need that extra care sometimes but jj felt like her daughter was being thrown under the bus constantly.

walking out of class, was her fault. lashing out at other kids was her fault. breaking down and going non verbal was her fault. the way she handled anything wasn't understood and now the school had let the bullies walk all over her again.

jj entered emily's office to the sweetest sight. emily sat on the sofa, cradling y/n in her arms. her legs were over emily's thigh and her head in the crook of emily's neck. emily continued tickling up her arm, singing softly her own song.

"i'm going to get her jumper, is she okay here?" jj asked, feeling so, so grateful for emily.

"she's okay yeah, you go beat to them kids," emily sniggered. jj rolled her eyes and walked out, shutting the door quietly behind her.