✧ terrors

i woke up to the bed jolting. instantly, my eyes opened and i saw the back of her head, shaking.

"baby," i whispered, resting my hand on her back. she sighed and her breathing was deep.

"nightmares again?"

"yeah," she mumbled out, rubbing her head. i sat up so i could see her but she avoided eye contact with me.

"you need to speak to someone about this Em," i said softly.

"no, no," she insisted. "i'm fine. i just have to catch the guy." she sighed and threw the covers off her.

"go back to sleep baby," she mumbled, she grabbed my face and kissed me softly before heading to the bathroom. no way was i going back to sleep, if she doesn't then i don't either.

the next day, i was baking some cookies when i got a call from emily.

"hey hot stuff," i smirked down the phone. we'd passed our night with other activities and i still wasn't over it.

"hey baby. what you doing?"

"baking your favourite, what you doing?"

"we'll i'm about to head to new york. i think he's there. fancy a vacation?" i gasped. i'd always wanted to go to new york.

"pick me up on the way!" i giggled, running up the stairs.

"turn the oven off sweet cheeeeeks," she teased down the phone. i giggled and ran back down, making sure the house wasn't going to burn whilst we were away.

on the plane, she phoned her old boss aaron. she'd told me all about her team over and over again. i'd spoken to rossi on the phone a few times but it was never anything serious. they were assisting on the case so i'd get to meet them.

"hotch," emily said just before he said goodbye. we were heading to new york and they were too.

"prentiss," he replied, raising one eyebrow.

"my girlfriend is with me," emily said, smiling widely. i saw hotch smile too and i felt good. i'm glad i'd got to come.

when emily and i first got together, it had been difficult at first. she didn't want to settle in london, hoping she'd one day go back to the us but i guess i was just too captivating for her. for a while, we were friends with benefits - she used me and i used her, we both knew that but as time went on, i could tell she was falling for me. one drunken night in my hot tub, she confessed her love for me - sobbing into her glass of red wine and i'd never been more happy with someone in my life.

"sit there, eat cheetos and be good," she whispered to me, planting a kiss on my forehead as she began making up her murder board. i chuckled and ate my cheetos, one after the other. emily spoke to herself as she pinned things to the wall. i watched her in awe, she was gorgeous. my girl.

"excuse me, i'm looking for emily prentiss," someone said, coming to the door.

"you've found her." emily smiled, shaking her hand.

"i'm tara lewis! i've heard lots of good things about you!"

"all of it is true," my girlfriend smiled and nodded over to me. "this is my girlfriend, y/n y/ln."

"it's nice to meet you!" tara said.

shortly after, the whole team entered the room. i stayed in the corner, feeling a little nervous. this was lots of people all of a sudden.

emily smiled and shared a hug with them all, then turned to me, smiling widely. "this my girl," she smirked. rossi smiled and came over to me, smiling.

"welcome to the family darling!"

i smiled and did the introductions, everyone seems lovely but it was too many of them.  i wasn't a people person.

they thankfully got stuck straight into the case so i disappeared back into the background, eating my cheetos.

we ended up heading to Chicago, i followed like a silent lost puppy yet again. the team tried to get me involved but i wasn't a big talker, especially in front of groups so i just faded into the background, not that i minded. when emily fell asleep, head on my shoulder, i had an awful feeling and then, she started shouting JJ.

the whole team were around her, JJ trying to wake her up and i was shaking her hand.

"i'm awake, i'm awake," she whispered, sitting up. she looked around her.

"sorry," she mumbled, blushing. "why are you all staring at me?" it was true- everyone was staring at her.

"you were dreaming." spencer said. no shit sherlock. i just took emily's hand in mine, offering her the support and she squeezed it.

we caught him. emily shot him in the head. she came back to the precinct - a visible weight lifted off her shoulder.

"you did it," i said, wrapping my arms around her neck. she lifted me up and kissed me.

"i did it baby," she smirked. i giggled as she spun us around and i couldn't be prouder.

"i'm so proud of you," i told her, running my hands through her hair.

"thank you for coming with me," she said, kissing me softer. i smiled and put my head on her shoulder. i'd never leave her, ever.

emily and i headed back to quantico with the team. emily was dying to see Penelope and they'd arranged a surprise to see her. when we got there, emily and i were walking down the corridor, hand in hand when we stopped outside an office. the office of derek morgan - by the sign on the door. inside stood the one and only penelope garcia. emily smiled, letting go of my hand and walking in.

"yo, up baby girl, what you doing in my office?" she laughed. instantly, i burst out laughing, penelope did too, wiping her tears.

"what are you doing here?" she asked, grabbing emily's face and giving her a big hug. i smiled, letting myself fall into the corner.

"you thought i'd come all the way here and not come see you?"

"when did you land, no one told me you were landing! no one tells me anything around here," she chuckled but then her eyes fell on me. her eyebrows raised and she gasped. i couldn't help but smile.

"oh my goodness ! you must be y/n y/ln! i've known about you two for soooo long but i couldn't tell anyone! oh my goodness, you're here," garcia gasped, jumping closer to me. i laughed and gave her a light hug. emily smiled sympathetically at me.

"it's lovely to meet you," i told her.

"you toooo sugar plum." she giggled.

not long later, myself, emily and the entire team were heading out for mexican. according to emily, i'd never had good mexican food because i was born and raised in england. the team were all lovely - garcia especially. we sat around the table, me between emily and rossi. i liked this. looking at em, i saw how happy she was - how wide her smile was and how it had been there the entire time we'd been here. she was happy here. this was her place and you know what, i think it's mine too.