♡ attack

i picked up the tv remote and paused the tv for the third time. something wasn't right. there were noises outside, weird ones. i couldn't pin point it but i couldn't convince myself it wasn't real either. i quickly texted jj who had asked me if she could stay late at work. it was only a simple 'when will you be home?' message before i turned headed up the stairs. i left the lights on, hearing my heart pounding in my ears. i cursed, seeing the door to isobella's room open. i didn't leave it open. the pit of fear grew drastically in my stomach and i clutched my phone in my hand. i peered in, noticing her lamp was on. her bed was empty, covers pulled back. i gasped silently, too scared to make a noise. where was bella? i looked around and then noticed the bathroom light on. i scurried across the hallway and opened the door. my seven year old stood there, soap and paper and water in her hair. "what are you doing?" i asked. "mummy i'm dying my hair like you," she said. "it's 2am!" "but mummy i wanted to do it like you!" she whined. there was another noise outside. a creak and i swear i could hear voices. i shut the bathroom door and looked down the corridor to grace's room. "come with me," i whispered, leaving on the bathroom light and grabbing bella's hand. she frowned and went to speak but i put my fingers on my lips. quietly, we ran down the hallway and i walked straight into gracie's room. she was only on her phone, thankfully not asleep. i turned her light on and she groaned but when she saw my panicked face she stopped. "what's going on?" she asked me. i shook my head and walked over to the bed. i lifted bella under the covers. that's when i heard the front door open. more voices - male. "call your mum," i told gracie. "right now. tell her it's a code red," i said. gracie nodded and began dialling JJ's number. i walked to her bedroom door and peered out. i could see someone stood on the stairs, looking down, talking to someone else. i couldn't make out what they were saying. "get in the en-suite and be silent," i told gracie. she grabbed bella who was silently crying and ran to her walk-in-wardrobe which had a secret door behind it to her bathroom. i turned the light off and texted JJ, telling her code red. noticing he was gone from the stairs, i crept back to my bedroom. i made sure the lights were off. i couldn't see them but they couldn't see me now. i grabbed the gun jj kept in her sock drawer and made sure it was loaded before heading to the top of the stairs. JJ had replied, letting me know she was on the way with the team - keeping the girls on the phone.

i came face to face with the robber as i approached the bottom step. in the dark, all i could see was his yellowing teeth as he smiled and the white of his eyes.

gracie's pov

"it's okay bella," i whispered, holding her close to me. my heart was pounding, i felt sick. bella had already been sick but mum was on the phone. "please hurry," i told her. "i'm coming baby, we're coming," she said. she sounded scared, terrified even. at first, she asked me tons of questions but when she got mums messages she stopped asking and gathered the team. i was shaking but trying my hardest to be strong for bella. "mummy," bella whispered down the phone. "mummy's here baby. you're okay," mum replied. i could hear voices downstairs, laughing. then i heard the first gun shot. "mum!" i groaned, louder than i wanted to. "we're one minute out. it's okay, it's okay," she said. i couldn't tell if she was saying it to me or herself but it did not feel okay. "please mummy," bella sobbed.

"stay where you are. we're coming in." mum said and hung up. i felt tears streaming down my face, not even realising i'd started crying. bella and i were curled in the smallest area possible in the corner of the bathroom behind the door. bella's head was hidden in my neck, her arms around me in a death grip but mine were around her just as strong. her small frame was shaking with fear and her puke stunk out the room but right now, i had to hold her and be there for her.

jj's pov

derek crashed the door down. my heart was beating a million miles per minute and i felt like i couldn't see or breathe. why my house ? why my kids and my family? i felt so angry. we entered the living room and i saw her. my wife. tied up to the coffee table, stripped down to nothing and bleeding down her thighs. i gasped and instantly ran over to her, removing the gag. she was sobbing. "it's okay," i said, wiping my tears. i grabbed the sofa cover and put it over her. "they're looking for the girls," she told me between her cries. "bathroom." she cried. i nodded and stood up. "i'll be right back, i promise." i kissed her cheek and ran towards the stairs, pulling morgan with me. emily ran to my wife and began untying her. i didn't even think about that, far too angry. rossi and alvez continued around the house.

at the top of the stairs, i saw them. standing in the doorway of gracie's room. "fbi put your hands up!" derek shouted, pointing his gun at them. one of them smiled, standing there proudly. the anger was bursting out of me. my jaw was clenched and i gripped my gun so hard my knuckles were turning white. he had a remote in his hand. a bomb.