Chapter 7: Will it be yes?

Comenzar desde el principio

"Ohh so you are so eager to say yes. Rohan I can see Meera taking their side at this point only and the shocking thing is she hasn't even met them yet."

I shake my head, "It is nothing like that and didn't you say we are getting late."

We all proceeded out of my room and both Sakshi and Rohan were either side of me helping me in walking and giving support. As I was walking down the stairs the whole time I kept my eyes down as without looking at them I am at least able to walk properly without any embarrassment. But the whole time I can feel the stare of someone making holes in my skin. I didn't have the courage to look up so I have to bear with it.

I was made to sit between a lady and a girl, maybe they are his mother and sister.

They were so warm and kind while talking. They didn't make me feel inferior to them. They asked about my job, my likes and dislikes. Raj uncle, his father also joined in asking questions to me. I can see where that respect and making people comfortable comes from. I answered all of them while looking down on my lap.

Krsh was talking with Baba, Rohan and Sakshi. As he was busy I tried to look at him discreetly without anyone's notice. But I couldn't look for much time as suddenly he tilted his head towards me and I immediately looked down again, I can feel his stares on me.

I mentally thanked baba as he took me out of the condition unintentionally by asking them, "Arre bhaisab, bhabhi kuch toh le aap log, beta tum bhi kuch khao agar yeh sab pasand nhi toh kuch aur bana denge aapke liye.", while handing them a plate of snacks.

(Hey brother, sister-in-law, please take something to eat. Child, you also take if you don't like this, we can make something else for you.)

I was playing with my bangles to distract my mind but then Raj uncle said, "Ashokji, we all have met and talked with Meera, I think now it's time that both the children talk with each other alone."

"Yes, you are right, Sakshi beta take them with you." Baba said.

Shanaya also joined us on the way to the small garden at the back side of our house. I was going with Sakshi and Krsh was accompanied by Shanaya. It looked like Sakshi had decided to not let me breathe peacefully near him without any blush.

We reached the garden and Sakshi kept the tray of tea and snacks on the table. There were two chairs arranged for us to sit. "Okay so you both talk and if you need anything just tell me", Sakshi said mainly to Krsh. He nodded and Shanaya gave a thumbs up as a sign of luck to both of us, I just smiled looking at her. They both then went from there leaving us alone.

We both took our seats, I was looking on my lap playing with my bangles feeling his stare on me. Since I was a hopeless one, he decided to start the conversation, "Hey Meera, it's nice to see you again. I know it is so sudden, this marriage proposal, us coming here, we have only met once and here we are to take our life long decisions in a little span of time. Don't be nervous around me, please. Take all the time you want."

All the time I didn't lift my face to look at him, I was just listening to whatever he had to say. And the way he said please, it just made me alive from within. He then continued....

"I want to tell you everything. I was brought up in Mumbai, my studies, college were all done from there only. I was not the popular one but taking part in sports comes with being popular. I have very few friends but those are my life. One of them you have met only. I also dated some girls but was never serious since I always believed in old school love and I never got the feeling from them. I also tried all the bad things like smoking but one day my dad caught me. He didn't scold me but told me all the disastrous things that come from smoking. From that day I promised dad to never smoke though I drink but only if I don't have any option left like on business parties but that too only little. I started working in my dad's company when I started college, though I just go there only to see how work is done. But slowly I also started working there. I don't know why I am telling you, but it is like you out of all should know this."

"Tell me something about yourself?"

I turned towards him and looking down only I said, "As you know my name is Meera, I have grown up here in Burahnpur only. I did my studies also from here. Although I have also given medical entrance exams but I was not able to clear them, but now here I am working with children. And I am very happy with what I am doing now. I like to read books, sometimes I write also but it is very rare. I also like to cook, watching movies."

"Ma told me you like to read books, so what type of books do you read?", he asked.

I replied, "I mainly read novels which are romantic or historical fiction. Many think these types of books are just a way of timepass, but for me they are very special. It's not like I only read those books and nothing else, I also like to read motivational books, books which are related to my profession, some religious books also."

"It's very okay to read books which you love, not everyone can have a great taste like you". He said softly. And for the first time since he came home, I looked and made contact with his hazel eyes which were feeling like they were reading my soul. I felt visible shivers through my whole body.

"Do you know gardening?" he suddenly asked me.

"Yes I do, why?"

"Oh nothing, I can see why the garden looks so beautiful with so many flowers and is well maintained," he said.

"My mother has trained me well then, she loved gardening so much and also made me and Rohan also know about it, so it's just our way of continuing her rituals in maintaining it."

We kept looking into each other's eyes, trying to read and seek solace with one another and it felt like infinity but it has only been a few minutes. I couldn't handle his strong gaze so I looked down to not drown myself more into his deep and captivating eyes which held so much respect for me.

"You can ask me anything you want to." he said in his manly voice yet in a soft tone.

I shook my head signing in no, I don't have any questions to ask.

"Not even about the girls which I have dated previously?" , he again asked.

"I got all the answers" , I replied while looking into his eyes.

He nodded, "So, let's go back then."

How's the chapter guys?

Do share your honest reviews. Also vote, comment, share and follow me. 

You can expect a next update tomorrow if I finish the chapter.

Also follow me💌 on Instagram for updates on my story, id- scarlet1700_

See you in next update.♥️

Enjoy reading!