chapter nine | 𝙨𝙝𝙚'𝙨 𝙢𝙮 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ :
I Wanna Be Yours - Arctic Monkeys

0:42 ───ㅇ───── 3:03

↠ⁿᵉˣᵗ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ↺ ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ ⊜ ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ

°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。

【 lando's pov】

There was no fucking way I was leaving Yari alone now especially if Charles was around. My feet pounded against the pavement as I ran over to her. I was now within earshot of their conversation. "It is lovely to meet you Mayari, that's a beautiful name," I could feel my annoyance rising already.

"Thank you, lovely to meet you too Charl-" She paused as her attention shifted to me as I approached, "Oh! Lando you forgot your phone silly, how will I text you if I get in trouble?" She joked as she handed me my phone. I reached out and made sure my hand lingered on hers, "Thank you Yari." She gave me her sweet smile in return. I then turn to glance at Charles.

"You're here with Lando?" Charles asked her with a raised eyebrow as he looked between us back and forth. Yari had turned back to him to answer while I stood closely behind her, "Yeah! Lando was very generous in letting me accompany him to a few races for these next few months." She looked back at me with her enticingly dark brown eyes. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘰 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘦 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘰 𝘴𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘭𝘺. 𝘐'𝘮 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯, 𝘐'𝘮 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘣𝘢𝘥.

"Hm that's very generous of him," I could hear the slyness in his voice which broke me from my trance in her eyes. I looked over to him just to see a stupid little smirk on his face, "Are you two together?" 𝘕𝘰𝘴𝘺 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩? Before I could let Yari answer I spoke quickly, "Not yet." Yari turned to give me a look but I simply disregarded it. "But if you'll excuse us Charles, I'm bringing her to the McLaren garage now since you know...we'll be in practice soon," I gave him a tight lipped smile as I grabbed Yari's hand ready to take her away from this man. Before doing so, I could see a mischievous look in his eye.

"Okay mate, I'll see you on the track," He said to me and then trailed his vision to Yari, "And I'll look forward to seeing you more often around the paddock, 𝘠𝘢𝘳𝘪." Guess what he did after saying that? He fucking winked at her. I never really had any problems with Charles before but one felt like it was going to arise soon. Yari politely smiled at him and nodded her head as he walked away towards the Ferrari garage.

"Charles was nice, hope we can all have lunch together one day when you guys aren't so busy," She said cheerily while squeezing my hand and I sighed internally. She has no idea how much I didn't want to do that. But she was clearly becoming my kryptonite. I'm sure if she were to ask again, I'm doubtful I would say no to her. "Come on gorgeous, I gotta head down now," I say as I pull her along. From now on, Yari is going to be attached to my hip.

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.

We were back at the hotel and I had decided to order room service for Yari in my room. "You enjoyed today?" I asked her from across the room as I took my jacket off. She was standing by the window looking out at the view. "It was so fun, I can't wait for tomorrow and race day and all the other days after," She said while turning around with the biggest grin I've ever laid eyes on.