chapter twenty-one | 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Afterglow - Taylor Swift

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ :
Afterglow - Taylor Swift

0:50 ───ㅇ───── 3:43

↠ⁿᵉˣᵗ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ↺ ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ ⊜ ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ

°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。

"I don't know what to say...." Yari tells Lando as their bodies disconnect. She was shocked to say the least. Completely caught off guard that he knew everything. It was a strange and uncomfortable feeling for her. Being caught hiding a big secret was unfamiliar territory.

"Why didn't you just tell me? I would have been there for you and helped you," His chest was feeling heavy. All the flirtatious energy now replaced with heartache.

She inhaled shakily before looking away from him, "I thought I could fix it all on my own and not have to involve you in some 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘰𝘳 drama."

He rubbed his face in frustration, "Yari these kinds of things need to be communicated between the two of us, it's serious, it's not something you have the capacity to handle on your own." She furrowed her brows, she did not like tone of that.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You haven't been in this world before and I have, so I understand how to manage it better."

"I know I'm not famous and all but I think I can handle my own stuff Lando, I don't need you to solve every single one of my problems."

"Yari, I don't want you to think that I'm attacking your strength but this is just something I am familiar with, it doesn't hurt to get help from me," She just stared at him as he continued to talk, something was brewing behind her eyes, and it wasn't good, "I mean take your bakery for example, you had customers lining out the door and buy out what you had just so they could meet me, I obviously have the status and resources to make an impact when it comes the social media stuff and Charles I can deal with ease, he has no chance with you, you're with me."

She could feel herself getting angrier at every word coming out of his mouth. It felt like he was treating her like a prize—an object—and that did not sit with her nicely. He was doubting that she could be successful without him, that she could not support herself through this strange time in her life.

Which she had to admit was true to an extent, Lando had a platform and was unintentionally creating one for her. She was smart enough to know that it could be helpful in the future but this moment didn't feel as glamorous as before. He didn't feel like a friend right now and that hurt her feelings a lot. So many things she had sitting in the back of her head was coming up all at once.

Because of her heart being in such a fragile state, she couldn't help the insecurity of thinking about Lando's relationship with Luisa too. She didn't want to be rash with her emotions. It was also the way he went on about it, she wanted and needed to take a moment to herself just to collect her thoughts and emotions.