chapter eight | 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙮, 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙮, 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙮

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ :
Money, Money, Money (From 'Mamma Mia!' Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Meryl Streep, Julie Walters, Christine Baranski

1:31 ───ㅇ───── 3:06

↠ⁿᵉˣᵗ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ↺ ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ ⊜ ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ

°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。

【 mayari's pov —】

It was travel day and I really couldn't be more excited and nervous at the same time. Nearly threw up this morning because of the nerves but I didn't HAH! Held down my oatmeal and was good from there.

I had dropped off Toothless and Butter earlier this morning with the sitter and let me tell you, that place was fan-cy. Never thought I would see my cats in a pet spa but it was possible when Lando is involved. It kind of warmed my heart to think of the care Lando must of put into picking a place for them but also choosing one he knew would put me at ease.

As for my bakery, I had everything in order that would keep it stable until I come back. I did leave a vague note on the white board on the door for my regular customers that I will be temporarily closed due to personal issues. Issues being extremely debatable. Because well, I was going to be traveling to watch Formula One races for godsake. The way that I won't have Sarah breathing down my neck about money and the fact that I won't have to worry about it for the next three months is just...wow. I owe so much to Lando.

Also how do you pack for such a thing? I knew stylish of some sorts would be a must. I had asked for some fashion advice from Cora since she attended a few races already this year. She wasn't much help though because her recommendations basically consisted of me being half-naked the majority of the time. I mean I love that for her but I honestly don't have the self-confidence for that. Who knows? Maybe future me might.

I ended up just packing a few pieces that I knew I could style well—but will also keep me comfortable and cute while traveling or roaming the paddock. Did I check the weather of all the places that I will possibly be traveling to? Yes, of course! Don't you worry, I was very thoughtful throughout my packing process because I didn't want to take any chances. Took a few breaks though between packing because my head would have surely exploded if I didn't.

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

Lando decided to not tell me until the last minute that I will be flying on a private jet....I can't. I almost fell to my knees at the airport when I read his text. I mean...I did think it was a bit strange at first when he insisted on me going straight to the airport without telling me any information prior regarding my flight. Well, silly me for thinking it was going to be a commercial flight—I swear that man is outdoing everything he does.

Guys, I've never flown private before and probably won't ever get the opportunity to again after this—but just like my cat's sitter, this jet is fan-cy. They had hot towels provided for when we were about to land soon. Like hello? This screamed privileged and I was soaking in every bit of it. I also may or may not have took home the little soap bars and shampoo bottles. Sue me!

I had slept and ate the majority of the flight there. The food they provided was amazing—the little buttery rolls they were giving me almost put me into a food coma. But thankfully in no time I landed in Zandvoort and was clear of a food coma. I thanked the crew for their hospitality and shook all of their hands on my way out with my luggage in tow.