chapter five | 𝙨𝙡𝙚𝙚𝙥𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᴵᴺᴳ :
Company - Justin Bieber

0:05 ───ㅇ───── 3:28

↠ⁿᵉˣᵗ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ

°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。

Yari decided that she would close the bakery the following day due to the sales exceeding more than what she is used to. She placed the closed sign on the door and specified on the white board under it that she would be back on Thursday. Once she securely locked the door she turned around to find Lando waiting on the curb on his phone with the same frustrated look from earlier.

"Are you alright?" She asked him. Lando looked up at her his gaze softening at the sight of her. "Oh yeah just work stuff, nothing to worry about until after break," He reassured her. Yari nodded and suddenly felt the urge to comfort him with a hug but decided against it. She didn't know if her inner fangirl would be able to handle such an intimate moment again.

Yari sped home when Lando had told her that he had a private car to pick him up. He mentioned to her that he had to handle a few things before he went to her apartment. Yari was grateful for this since this gave her some time to tidy up her home.

As soon as Yari arrived home she took a shower at the speed of light and changed in to her cozy pajamas. She then got started on expanding her couch which could makeshift into a bed for any guests she may have over. She laid blankets out for him and pillows. She nodded at her work and went on to feed her cats.

Yari crouched down by their feeding bowls petting them for comfort as her anxiety builds waiting for the dangerously handsome curly brown haired man to arrive. Her heads snaps to her front door once she heard a knock. The sound making her cats scurry to her room as they are not completely comfortable with guests yet. She stood up and shuffled towards the door and checked the peep hole. It was him indeed.

She rested her forehead for a second on the door before unlocking it and greeting him, "Hello again." Lando smiled at this. She couldn't see it but his internal fireworks were going off. "Hi," he greeted her back and moved inside when she stepped aside to let him through. Before he could make it too far she asked him to remove his outside shoes by the door. Lando thought it was the cutest thing when she asked and was happy to oblige.

"Yari how do you manage to make every space you touch look so wonderful?" Lando asks while doing the same snooping as the bakery and inspecting every area his eyes landed on. Yari hesitated on responding as she knew exactly who gave her such exquisite taste. "My mom was a really amazing interior designer when I was younger and her styling back then influenced a lot of my taste now as an adult so, I owe a lot of that to her," Yari spoke and could feel a lump form in her throat as she remembered her mom. "Was?" Lando turned to her, his eyes softened.

"She...passed away 5 years ago," Yari trailed off not being able to look at him. She heard his steps move toward her and he enclosed her in his arms once again, "I'm so sorry to hear that." She knew this time to move her arms and held them around his waist. "It's okay, I'm okay," Yari whispered, she had been processing her mom's death for awhile now—but she knew her grief was never going to be linear.

When they pulled away from each other—Yari was about to ask him if he would like to use the bathroom to wash up but froze when she felt a warmness against her head. It was like a flash, Lando had placed a soft kiss on the side of her head as if it was an instinct he knew would comfort her. He was even shocked that he did it too, "I'm so sorry I do not know why I just did that." Yari let out a giggle, "It's okay, it was...nice, thank you."