chapter six | 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙢𝙚

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᴵᴺᴳ :
I Like Me Better - Lauv

1:35 ───ㅇ───── 3:17

↠ⁿᵉˣᵗ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ

°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。

Lando woke up to the sunlight peeking through the curtains and the sweet smell of waffles hitting his nose. The last thing he remembered from last night was Yari sleeping peacefully curled up cutely in a ball beside him completely unaware of the overthinking man next to her. Lando remembered he was being tortured with his thoughts after what Yari had said to him. 𝘍𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴? 𝘗𝘧𝘧𝘵. 𝘐 𝘢𝘮 𝘵𝘰𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘣𝘰𝘺𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭. 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘦𝘳. 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘓𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘰? 𝘞𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘮𝘺 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘮 𝘢𝘯𝘥- 𝘸𝘢𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘤𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘥𝘰𝘶𝘣𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘦? 𝘐'𝘮 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦𝘥. He did in fact become tired shortly after gazing at her sleeping face—that being the last thing he saw before his eyes closed.

His eyes half-opened looked over at the spot where he last saw the curly haired girl. He sat up quickly when he realized that the spot was empty. "Good morning Lando," Yari spoke as she walked from the kitchen to the living room, Lando's head moved to the direction of her voice. "Good morning Yari," His tone deeper than usual—Yari didn't let his lovely morning voice go unnoticed because her jaw dropped once she heard it. Lando chucked and stretched his arms out, "Why is your mouth open?" Yari sat down on the edge of the couch, "Your voice, it's so much deeper than it usually is."

"Yeah that does happen when I wake up in the morning," He responded while relaxing back into the couch. Yari was stifling a smile and she nodded as if acknowledging that this was important information. "I made some waffles if you're hungry and don't worry I made them with protein just in case you're already watching your diet for racing," She rambled while getting up slowly.

He smiled at the kind gesture, "Thank you." She smiled back and gestured for him to come over to her small round dining table. He stood up from the couch and trailed behind her closely. His eyes widened at the spread. She had placed out bowls of different types of berries and a variety of condiments for the waffles were placed nicely into white ceramic bowls. He could see the waffles were still steaming on the plates. Yari had also put out pitchers of water and orange juice to the side as well.

"Making breakfast is so therapeutic for me since I'm usually very cranky when I wake up...not really a morning person," She told him while pulling out a chair for him and herself. "I will keep that noted but oh my god Yari, everything looks so delicious, thank you so much again," He complimented and sat down across from her. The two of them munched on their breakfast while Lando kept going on about how good the waffles were. Making her smile every time he did.

↶*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ↷ ˊ-

The two were now done with their breakfast and on the topic of the F1 summer break coming to an end. Well, actually it was mostly Lando begging her to come to his races. "Come with me, I can provide everything for you, hotel? done. flight? done. entry into paddock? done, see? it's so easy, all you have to do is show up," He was now the rambling one. Yari sighed and crossed her arms before leaning back into the wooden dining chair, "I don't know if I can leave my bakery closed for that amount of time again, I have to make sure my lease is paid at the end of the month and my landlord is super anal about it being on time, I would also have to find a sitter for my cats..."