chapter four | 𝙬𝙚 𝙢𝙚𝙚𝙩 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᴵᴺᴳ :
Heart Attack - Demi Lovato

0:40 ───ㅇ───── 3:30

↠ⁿᵉˣᵗ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ

°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。

Yari woke up bright and early again this Tuesday morning to work. Once again moving at an extremely slow pace when getting out of bed but now resembling a sloth. She put her hair up into a curly messy ponytail but made it more presentable by adding a thick white ribbon bow. When she stood in front of her closet she decided to wear a white t-shirt and dark blue denim overalls. Finished up her look with blue shark-stitched socks and her usual platform Vans. Yari kissed both her cats on their little heads after she served them breakfast and rushed out the door with her bowl of brown sugar oatmeal in hand.

She arrived at her shop and went straight to work on placing out her baked goods. She pulled out the freshly baked chocolate muffins from the large oven and placed them nicely in the warm display case. She quickly moved on to piping cream cheese into her cheese rolls. Yari had found a bit of a groove when she got to working on her pastries.

She was just finishing up placing the golden brown chocolate croissants when she heard the bell chime on the door ring. "Sorry we're not open yet," She said while not looking up from her baking tray focused on finishing the placement of the pastry. She looked up confused when she heard no response. Her eyes widened at the sight of the man she was expecting but not this soon in the day.

"Hello gorgeous," he greeted her with his charming British voice. There he was standing with his Tumi luggage and being effortlessly handsome. It's as if this man didn't just come off a long enduring flight. "H-hi Lando....we meet again," she stuttered out blinking a few times. A shy smile formed on her face before placing the baking sheet in her hands down. She slowly made her way around the counter and she could see his eyes following her intently. She didn't realize when they first met how much taller Lando was to her. Her face was basically parallel to his chest. Noticing this made her stomach feel fuzzy and warm.

He smiled brightly at her before looking around the bakery shop. "What an adorable little shop you have," Yari watched him make his way around inspecting all the nooks and cranny's. "Thank you, I'm about to open up soon, if you'd like you can stick around or you can rest at your hotel or something," Yari said quickly. This made Lando chuckle and she felt her stomach hit the floor when he suddenly took her hand and began to play with her fingers, "I'll stay here with you until you're done and also just a teensy favor...." Yari raised one eyebrow at him and he looks at her mischievously before proceeding, "do you mind if I stay with you for a few days?"

Yari chokes on her spit which causes him to let go of her hand and place his hand on her back. A look of concern plasters on his face. "Are you okay?" He asked removing his hand from her back when he heard her speak. "Yup super! I'm super duper fine!" She says while hunched over giving a thumbs up at him which causes him to laugh. Yari could feel the blood rushing to her face, 𝘏𝘖𝘓𝘠 𝘚𝘏𝘐𝘛 𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺 𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘢𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵.

Yari straightened herself out and cleared her throat before looking him in the face again. Her brain moved faster than her mouth, "Are you sure you want to stay with me? I have two noisy cats and there's cat hair everywhere, also how are you okay with staying with a stranger? You've known me for less than a week! What if I take pictures of you sleeping and sell them? What then Lando!?" Lando bursted out laughing. Yari looked at him with confusion at his response to her sporadic questions. He settled down his laughter before looking at her smugly and took her hand again. Yari was about to burst at the seams.