▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
─────⋅☾

MOUNT JUSTICE
OCTOBER 29, 23:59 EST
TEAM YEAR FIVE

SHADOW WAS CURRENTLY IN THE TRAINING ROOM OF THE CAVE, SHADOWS LEVITATING AROUND HER, ENGULFING THE ROOM IN A DARKNESS UNLIKE ANYTHING ONE COULD IMAGINE. IT WAS QUIET, MOST WERE EITHER GONE OR ASLEEP IN THEIR ROOMS, SOME OUT ON MISSIONS. ALL IN ALL, SHE HAD FOUND PEACE IN SUCH LONELINESS.

A sudden whimper was caught by her enhanced hearing and she opened her eyes, the shadows around her dissipating into nothing. She stood up, alert and followed the sound.

It had led her to Beast Boy's room. The door opened for her with a slight whir and she saw a young Garfield whimpering, twisting and turning on his bed, no doubt hanging a nightmare.

A pit suddenly formed in Shadow's stomach as she saw him, debating on what to do...should she call M'gaan? Should she wait it out with the boy? Somethings about human emotion still confused her and there was no doubt it would take time for her to be comfortable in doing most of it.

She stepped closer to his bed and carefully placed a hand on his sweat covered forehead, and closed her eyes in concentration. Every emotion, Garfield was feeling, she felt it become her own as an inky blackness crawled from his head into her hand and once she felt him relax in his slumber, she pulled back, gently brushing away his hair.

Once out of the room, she lifted her hand and willed for the darkness to disappear and it did. But, that pit in her stomach still remained, knotting itself up into a jumble.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
─────⋅☾

GOTHAM CITY
DECEMBER 1, 00:00 EST
TEAM YEAR ZERO

ROBIN SAT NEXT TO SHADOW, WHO WAS TOO INTERESTED IN HER BOOK TO TALK TO HIM AND HE HUFFED. HE JUST WANTED TODAY TO END THE MINUTE IT HAD STARTED, IT WAS POSSIBLY THE WORST TIME RIGHT NOW AND HE DIDN'T WANT TO THINK ABOUT IT. HE HAD SO MUCH HE WANTED TO TALK ABOUT AND AS HESITANT AS HE WAS TO ADMIT IT, SHADOW WAS THE FIRST PERSON HE WANTED TO TALK TO ABOUT IT WITH.

"Is something bothering you, Grayson?" He shrugged, taking to acting coolly "Nope, why would you say that?"

"You're doing the thing where you stare at me until I ask you what the matter is"

"I don't stare at you!"

"No, of course you don't" She stated, dryly "Well...what is it?"

"What's what?"

"The matter...you imbecile"

"...it's nothing."

"Alright" Dick rolled his eyes "You're not even going to bother trying?" She shrugged "I tried, you did not wish to speak"

"You could try pressing on it"

"I find that to be a waste of my time" He scoffed "Seriously?" She shrugged once more "I can't believe I actually wanted to talk to you" She nodded "It is an unbelievable thing isn't it?" She kept silent for a moment and observed him, before speaking up "I must admit, I came here tonight with an agenda in mind" He raised a brow but remained silent as Shadow gave him a thermobecher "I had a mission in Paris before this...I begrudgingly thought of you"

"You ever think of me grudgingly?" She raised a brow, knowing they both meant the same thing but not his dictionary "Not likely, no"

He took the large thermobecher from her hands and raised a brow "Is it poison?" She gave an amused huff "Oh, Grayson. Haven't we established that I will kill you in the most unexpected ways? Besides I have grown to like..." She paused "...this rooftop, wouldn't want it dirty"