Chapter 41

Ryder POV

I didn't feel much like sleeping I was not tired having slept so much in the last few days, I decided to do a check on the town. I shifted into a bird and flew out of the lookout getting a glance from Chase. I winked at him he licked one of his pups, it didn't take me long to fly around the town and everything seemed okay so far it was peaceful. I am not sure it was that made me go and check Mayor Humdinger's lair but I needed to be sure he was gone. 

I flew over to it and shifted back into myself, and I peeked inside and it did look abandoned and I was satisfied as I decided to run home. I shifted into a cheetah and ran fast, I paced a few citizens on the way and they all gasped. I wasn't going to hurt them but I kept running it felt good, I made it back to the lookout in record time. I didn't even phase the pups as I walked up to them as a cheetah, "Ryder" Marshall said and I shifted back, "how did you know it was me?" I asked them. "Well you don't see many cheetahs in adventure bay plus even when you shift you still smell like Ryder" Chase said I had no idea he was even there.

I laughed as I went to get the pups breakfast and check on Katie, I wasn't sure she was still asleep or not. The pups all came in for breakfast and Chase had both his pups on his back, they were still to young to eat solids. I went to my bedroom and Katie was in the washroom and I opened the door and she gasped. "Ryder" she said covering herself up after her shower, "what its not like I haven't seen it before, plus you are beautiful" I said kissing her and having a shower myself. "Did you not sleep?" she asked me, "I slept so much in the last few days I wasn't tired" I said, "hmm okay what time does the royal highness arrive?" she asked me, "she will be here around noon" I said as I washed myself. I could sense the bit of sarcasm in her voice when she said that and I hoped the princess was not here to cause trouble.

While in the shower I had a vision and I sighed I knew this was going to be bad, and I wanted to change it but I didn't know how to do that yet. I quickly dressed and called the pups, "PAW patrol to the lookout" I said and they all came running, "Paw patrol ready for action Ryder sir" Chase said with a smile, "pups I had a vision and its not good, we are going to need to act fast as I am not sure it happened yet. Yumi and Al's farm is going to be on fire and I want us to stop it, so lets go Marshall you will help me to lead this mission" I said. "I am ultimately fired up!" Marshall said as he slid down the slide. I gave Katie a quick kiss and followed my pups to the farm, Marshall took over and looked around he didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

I knew now that this was going to be a gas thing, the pups and Yumi, Al and all the animals outside and I went into the house. I could smell the gas right away, and I knew it was only a matter of time. I found the meter and turned it off not knowing if that was enough and I opened up some windows. "Ryder did you figure out the issue?" Al asked me, "yes it was the gas it was on really high, I am surprised you didn't smell it. Had you turned the stove on the entire house would have gone up in flames" I said. "We are grateful you came when you did then because I was planning on cooking" Yumi said. "Well it is safe to go back inside now" Marshall said as they thanked us and we went back to the lookout. 

I knew the princess was coming soon and I hoped that the fake sword would work I mean it looked identical. I showed it to Rocky without saying anything I wanted to see if he could notice, "what am I looking at?" Rocky asked me, "this sword it look real right?" I asked, "yes it is the one we used on you why?" Rocky said, "no reason thanks Rocky" I said as I saw the limo pulling up. 

The princess came out and immediately ran to me and hugged me "Ryder so good to see you again" she said. I could feel the wrath of Katie behind me I felt all her emotions and she was jealous. "Yes it is good to see you again as well princess, what brings you by?" I asked even though I knew. "I was hoping I could have the sword back, I know you needed it but its part of our collection" she said. "Yes of course here it is" I said handing it back to her. "Thank you" the princess said as she kissed me on the cheek. I at this point knew Katie was fuming as she walked towards us. I pulled her close to me and out of the princess's way I couldn't have her doing something she would regret.

"Well I just came here to get this and to do this" the princess said as she walked towards me and grabbed me  as she held the knife up to my neck. I gasped I knew it was fake but why the hell was she doing this. She was strong and at this point I knew whoever this was it was not the princess. "Get me the real sword Ryder or I will kill you right here, I know you no longer are a demon I can sense it which means you can die now" the disguised princess said. The pups growled as she tightened her grip. I groaned but I had no strength to get away, why did I not see this coming. "In my room Chase under my bed in a box" I said weakly as she was holding me to tight. Chase ran as fast as he could and I could sense the fear on Katie, she didn't want me to die. I knew at this point it was possible, but I couldn't figure out who the princess was disguised as and then it hit me the leviathan. 

Chase handed him the knife and I felt him stab me with it and I opened my eyes, I was in bed what the hell. Katie was still asleep beside me, that was one hell of a dream, but was it a vision too. I decided to call the princess to see if she was actually coming as I crawled out of bed, at this point if the Leviathan was coming back I could stop it. That dream felt so real and I was not going to let it happen.