Chapter 23

Ryder POV

"Paw Patrol to the lookout" I said knowing I needed to explain things to them, I feel like they need some sort of explanation. "Paw patrol ready for action Ryder sir" Chase said, "pups I know this upcoming battle is terrifying I mean I am not going to lie to you all and say I am not scared. I am terrified and only because he can get into my head. I have no idea what is in store for me but I will be fighting him alone. Chase, Rubble I want you both protecting Katie do not let anyone or anything hurt her" I said. "These mighty paws uphold the laws" Chase said, "Let's wreck and roll" Rubble said, "Marshall, and Zuma I want you both to make sure no harm comes to the town, fix anything you see" I said. "I ready for a red hot rescue" Marshall said, "Let's do the wave" Zuma said. "Skye you are my eyes in the sky watch for any danger that might be coming and stop anything you can" I said, "This puppy's going for a spin" Skye said. "Ahri you're going to watch for anyone getting hurt and heal them, and Rocky you will fix anything that needs fixing and help me if I need it but only if I need it" Ryder said. "I will heal all" Ahri said, "Green means glow" Rocky said.

I knew they had questions, so I sat down, "Ryder sir when is the red moon coming?" Chase asked, "I don't know Chase, I can't see it, I am assuming it is soon because that is what everyone keeps telling me" I said. "What did you put in Alex's mouth last night?" Chase asked, "Salt, I wasn't sure if it would work, but I had a feeling. So far, all the demon's he is sending up are weak, and I can get to them, but he is strong, and I can't see him which makes it harder" I said. "Why can he see you but you can't see him?" Skye asked, "I have no idea, not only that he can get into my head, which I think is his strategy. I assume he is going to use that to his advantage" I said, "can you fight him when he is in your head?" Marshall asked, "no, and that is what scares me, he knows things now and it worries me because I can't fight him off" I said. "Then what was the point to your powers sir?" Chase asked. "I believe the meteor gave my wiccan side more power, which means I have more knowledge of magic. I am not sure yet how that will come in handy but I have a feeling when the time comes I will know" I said. "You can still heal right Ryder?" Ahri asked, "yes I can so you worry about everyone else, even if I seem down and out, just keep everyone else safe" I said.

"No offense sir, but we don't exactly want this demon to win and take over your body" Chase said. "What? who said he was taking over my body?" I asked them, "I did Ryder, I have been doing some research and well it is the only thing that makes sense. If he kills you in order for him to live he will possess you as you are a powerful being and I just assumed" Rocky said, "I mean that does make sense but pups I will not die okay" I said as I felt him in my head, "that boy is where you are wrong!" the demon said to me, I ignored him I wasn't going to let him get to me.

"Everyone remember your task and let's keep Adventure Bay safe" I said, the pups left and I looked to Katie. "He is getting to you isn't he?" Katie said, "yes and he keeps taunting me I am scared Katie like really scared" I said. "I wish there was more I could do to help" Katie said, "there is you can stay safe that is the best way for you to help" I said. "I love you Ryder my king please don't die" Katie said. "I love you too my love and I promise I won't" Ryder said. "You shouldn't make promises you can't keep Ryder its not healthy, also I know now she is your weakness!" the demon said. "I will not let you get to me, you know shit!" I said to him, Katie gave me a weird look.

Zuma POV

The idea of all this terrified me and not only that Ryder had me doing stuff away from Rocky, how was I supposed to keep him safe. I mean I would blast anything with water that even touched him, I keep looking at the sky but I am not seeing any sign of a red moon.

This demon if he could get into Ryder's head what is stopping him from getting into ours, can he get into ours? I know things are going to get rough and I really hope Ryder can pull this off I don't want to lose him.

Skye POV 

I would to everything in my flying power to keep Ryder out of danger, I of course would protect everyone else too especially my Chasey.

I know his task it to keep Katie safe which means Ryder thinks that harm will come to her, and I mean I don't want anything to happen to her. I see the way Ryder looks at her its the same way I look at Chase. For some reason I think Ryder and Katie are having sex, I mean it wouldn't surprise me. I picture little Ryder's and Katie's running around, also I wonder if they will be special like Ryder.

The moon is still not red, and we have all been practicing with our powers, I am really good at flying now and not having to use my copter is super cool. What will the red moon even look like?

Ryder POV

I had a vision and this time I knew it was coming, I didn't exactly see the red moon but I saw the town scrambling to keep safe. I knew where they needed to go, I called Mayor Goodway.

"Hello Ryder" Mayor Goodway answered, "Mayor I need you to get everyone into the town hall bomb shelter. I don't exactly have time to explain, but I will meet you there in 10 minutes" I said. "Okay Ryder is everything okay?" she asked, "it will be just get everyone there" I said, I needed to make sure no one was possessed before they entered. I knew having a demon in there with all the citizens would be bad. I kissed Katie and left jumping onto my ATV, I mean I could have transformed into something but I didn't want to scare the kids. 

Mayor Goodway did her part and I checked everyone before they entered, "Ryder what is happening?" Farmer Al asked, "just a precaution Farmer Al, there is a huge storm coming" I said lying was my best strategy, "What about our animals?" Farmer Yumi said, "they will be fine I promise" I said as they entered they were safe. Mr. Porter was next and he looked right threw me, I knew he was possessed, "Mr. Porter" I said as I sprayed him with holy water and his eyes turned black. I said the Latin phrase and I was hoping this would get rid of all the demons, and it did, I saw 4 puffs of black smoke leave. "Everyone please stay here until I come get you" I said as I locked everyone inside. Everest was standing before me, "Everest I am going to need your help let's get you to the lookout" I said. "I ready for the big chill" Everest said as she jumped onto the back of my ATV and we headed back to the lookout.