Chapter 2

Ryder dressed and sat down on his bed he was having another vision, some of his visions gave him the exact time and place. Others would happen almost immediately and he would be given a slight warning. Ryder ran downstairs and said goodbye to Chase as his mom drove him to school.

"Have a good day honey" Amethyst said, "oh you might just want to come inside the principal wants to talk to you" Ryder said. "How do you know?" she asked, "I had a vision in my room just before coming here" Ryder said as he ran inside. Amethyst parked the car and walked inside Ryder already being gone as she walked to the principal's office. "I was just going to call you actually" Principal Edwards said as he let Amethyst into his office. "I wanted to tell you about Ryder" Principal Edwards said, "is everything okay?" Amethyst asked concerned, "yes actually he is quite intelligent, and has surpassed even a high school level in our curriculum. I think he is ready for college at this point" Principal Edwards said. "He is 8 years old" Amethyst said, "A very intelligent 8 years old, I mean at this point I honestly think if he wanted to test out of high school he would be able to do it. I see him teaching the teachers a thing or two at this point" Principal Edwards said. "Thank you it is something we will discuss with him and let you know" Amethyst said as she left.

Amethyst had a quick vision and she knew Ryder wanted to be done with school, she headed home to talk to Leo. "What took you so long?" Leo asked as she walked into the house, "I had a meeting with Ryder's principal, he said that Ryder is ready to graduate high school and that he is very intelligent" Amethyst said. "We knew this already, but you know Ryder best is it something he wants?" "Yes I actually saw a vision he hates school and finds it boring, so he will be very excited to be done" Leo knew that questioning any of his wife's or sons visions were pointless.

"Alright then I guess he finishes high school then, so are we going to talk about the fire?" Leo asked. "No there is no point I would rather not know, for now lets just focus on the fact we have him until the fire" Amethyst said. Chase was super confused his parents were talking as if the fire was going to kill them. 

Chase POV

Why are they thinking this fire is going to kill them, they know about it in advance can't they get out in time. 

I am not sure Ryder is going to take this well to be honest, I miss him but it sounds like after today he will be done with school. I wonder what his plans are, I am hungry

"Chase honey I have your lunch" Amethyst said, 

Wow she like read my mind, I ate happily wagging my tail,

"I know you are unique Chase and yes I have visions too, plus I am witch so I can sense things. I want you to not worry about Ryder he will be just fine" Amethyst said. 

I whined a bit but decided to speak to her because I could tell she didn't care,

"Why are you talking as if the fire has killed you?" I asked her, "It will Chase and there is nothing at this point Leo or I can do about it. Ryder doesn't know this and I don't want him to just yet but every vision he has will come true, there is no changing it. His visions are unique but they can't be changed no matter how hard one tries" Amethyst said.

"So you are both going to die?" I asked, "yes Chase but he won't be alone he will have you, and after I die Ryder will be able to communicate with me in his dreams. I will always be with him, I know this is hard for you but I would like for you not to tell him. He is not ready" Amethyst said.

"Okay but I don't like it" I said, "I know neither do I, he will need you Chase now more than ever take care of my boy for me" she said to me as she left the room.

I waited for Ryder to come home from school it was a long day but when he walked through the door I wagged my tail.

Ryder POV

"Hey Chase did you miss me?" I asked my pup as I knelt down to hug him, I loved how he wagged his tail and licked me.

"I did Ryder sir" Chase said to me, I smiled and clipped a collar to his neck,

"This will allow me to communicate with you when I am not close by" I told him showing him how to activate his pup tag. 

I needed to know what my parents decided about high school but their door was locked which meant they were talking about something they didn't want me to know. 

Chase was following me but h seemed bummed, I wasn't sure if he just missed me all day, I zoned out as I had another vision.

"Ryder sir!" I heard Chase calling out to me, 

"I am good Chase jut had a vision, I keep seeing this blonde girl but I have never seen her in Adventure City" I told him.

"Maybe she doesn't live in Adventure City" Chase told me, "maybe, do you know what is up with my parents?" I asked him.

"No sir I don't" Chase said, "hmm they are avoiding me for some reason and I can feel my father he is angry" I told him. "I am sorry you can feel your father sir?" "Yes I guess its my demon side as my parents called it his is obviously stronger so when he is angry the environment around feels different its hard to explain" I told him the best I could. 

Leo POV

"Amethyst this is never going to work" I said to her with anger, "It is the only way Leo and I have it all planned out we just need your magic to activate them please" "Fine but are you sure there is nothing we can do, I mean he is going to fight tooth and nail, you realize that right" "Yes I am aware of the situation and that is why I have that dog on board, he will keep our son safe. Please activate the necklaces" 

I did as she asked wondering why I was even doing this, I mean I was basically saying here Ryder its time for you to watch us die. Don't worry though I have these necklaces for you, "What do these even do again?" I asked my wife.

"The red stones are meant to help him control the demon side, I can only imagine how it will affect him with you being gone. The amber teeth are meant for his pups so he can keep tabs on them and know when they are in danger" she told me, "and the heart?" I asked curiously, "you won't like it if I tell you so I am leaving that one to myself" she said knowing it would bother me and make my blood boil.

"I want to know tell me" I said in my demon voice, "your voice doesn't intimidate me Leo and no I would rather not, are they ready?" she said. "Yes but I wish you would tell me before we talk to him" I told her. "Maybe one day in the after life" she said as if that would make a difference.

We left our room and found Ryder and Chase sitting outside on the floor, I sighed knowing the next few hours was going to be emotional for everyone.