Chapter 39

Ryder POV

We arrived at the castle after checking the location that Rocky had there was a part of me hoping it was there. I mean I really didn't want to have to explain anything to the princess but here we were at the castle so I guess here goes nothing. "Oh Sweetie look its Ryder and the Paw patrol"  the princess said excitedly.  "Why we never called them in" Sweetie said, "Ryder! what brings you here?" the princess said. "I was just hoping I could talk to you" Ryder said, "that is sweet isn't it Sweetie, come in please I will get some tea" the princess said. I mean sure I was hoping to to stay that long.

"Where is Chase and Skye?" the princess asked, "they are still in Adventure Bay, Skye is due any day now" I said. "oh puppies how cute, little Skase puppies!" the princess said, "yes anyways I came here to ask if you knew anything about this" I said showing her a picture. "I do actually its in our artifact room, it is said to kill even the most horrific beasts" the princess said. "Do you think I could I see it?" I asked hoping she wouldn't want details. "Sure but I am not allowed to let anything leave that room" the princess said as I followed her, the pups followed me. "Here it is I never could figure out the phrasing" the princess said. "hoc telum vivum inter immortalem et mortalem vitam interficiet. Verissimum telum est aliqueim daemonem occidere." I said out loud. "I didn't know you could speak Latin" the princess said, "oh um yeah sometimes" I said. "Do you know what you just said?" the princess asked me, "this weapon will kill the Lifelink between immortal and mortal. It is the truest weapon to kill any demon, or something like that" I said. "Oh wow, so its powerful then wouldn't want it in the wrong hands" the princess said,

"No um can I just she it" I said, as soon as she handed it to me it was like it burned me, "shoot sorry" I said as I almost dropped it thank god for Rocky and his claw. "No problem are you good?" the princess asked, "yeah totally fine, would you mind if we borrowed this?" I asked. "I am not supposed to let it leave the artifact room" the princess said, "I promise we will return it we just need to borrow it" I said. "I can't say no to you Ryder but please come back soon okay its been way to long" she said. I nodded and said "yes of course thank you princess" as Rocky carried the blade. "I think maybe you said to much there" Rocky said, "I needed to sound convincing, I know she likes me I would have just used that to my advantage if I needed to but I am glad I didn't" I said. "Wait you are leaving?" the princess said, "yes but we will be back soon I promise" I said as the pups and I left the castle. I swear she was sad and I really didn't want to come back either.

As we made it back to Adventure Bay we all headed to Katies, Skye and Chase had their puppies, "did you get it?" Chase asked, "yes but I can't touch it" I said, "Why not?" Katie asked, "its made of some sort of metal it burns me, anyways who are these 2?" I asked. "This is Kiro and this here is Ebony" Skye said, "they are cute, oh my goodness" Ahri said, "yes we thought it was 2 girls but Kiro turns out to be a boy" Katie said. "Super cool I am happy for you guys, why Ebony?" I asked, "well it was the only name we could agree on and she has darker fur so it fits" Chase said. "Cool well I am glad they are here and everyone is safe" I said.

Katie POV

Ryder looked stressed and I knew he was nervous about this weapon, he kept playing with his hands. "Ryder are you okay?" I asked pulling him aside, "no Katie he is fighting me he knows what this weapon does, I think he knew the minute I touched it. He is pushing me and I am going to break. I am not strong enough" Ryder said, "you are baby I promise can you kill him now?" I asked him. "I can't no Katie you need to be the one to do it, and it needs to be done at the lookout" he said. "Okay well I am done here we can head up" I said as Skye and Chase each carried a puppy. 

Once we were there I wasn't sure I could do this, "What do I need to do?" Katie asked, "I don't know the blade is going to burn me so I can't touch it but I think you need to stab me" Ryder said. "Ryder I can't" I said, Ryder closed his eyes and I was so scared I was going to kill him, "Katie you need to in the heart please and fast because he is fighting me and I can't keep him down for much longer" Ryder said. 

I knew once I did this I could not take it back, and if he did die it would destroy me, "I love you please forgive me" I said as I stabbed the love of my life in the heart. Ryder made a weird sound and I started to cry. I was about the pull the blade out but he grabbed my hands and held it down. My heart was breaking and his eyes rolled into his head and his eyes closed, and his hands dropped. I think I just killed him, "AHRI!" I screamed hoping she could do something anything at this point. "Oh my god" Ahri said as she tried to do everything she could to save him, I mean I stabbed him in the heart so his chances were not good. 

The pups watched in horror as Ahri tried to heal him but nothing was working and Ryder remained lifeless beside us. "What did you do?" Chase asked, "I did what he told me to do and I am so sorry oh my gosh I am so sorry" I said as I cried even harder, they all knew he wanted this. I mean if they blamed me and never talked to me again I would accept that I just killed their owner and best friend. 

Ryder POV

As soon as Katie stabbed me I felt him he was mad and he fought everything but I knew he was dying. I felt my human and wiccan side get stronger, the demon side was fading and I felt more powerful then I ever did. "I love you Ryder" my dad's voice I heard it as the last of my demon side died. I was still out of it I think but I knew Ahri was trying to heal me, I didn't need her too, I wasn't actually dead.

At least I didn't think that I was, I could hear everyone crying for me and I wanted so badly to come back to them. Something was keeping me here in this limbo and I just hoped it wasn't something bad I needed to just have good in my life for once.