Chapter 52

Ji Ah shook her head, her complexion paling. "I'm not pretending. I genuinely don't know either of you."

Jimin remained composed and flashed a knowing smile. "If you don't know me, why did you vandalize my grandma's tomb?"

Ji Ah appeared panicked but still tried to maintain a facade of strength.

Jimin, known for his keen observation of people, couldn't help but notice her expressions closely.

Ji Ah composed herself and met Jimin's gaze. "I have no idea what you're talking about. I genuinely don't know you. Why are you stopping me? Do you think I wouldn't dare to call the police?"

"Sure, go ahead. Since I don't have my phone with me, you can make the call. I'd like to file a report about my grandmother's tomb."

Ji Ah hadn't intended to involve the police; she simply wanted to scare them away. However, Jimin's words sent a chill down her spine.

"I don't know what you're talking about," she stammered.

"Since you claim not to know, then let's go together to the police station. We can find out there," Jimin suggested, glancing at Taehyung.

Taehyung understood the signal and promptly took hold of her wrist. "Ms. Lee, let's go."

"What are you doing? I'm not going anywhere! How can you treat me like this?" Ji Ah was terrified, struggling against Taehyung's grip, but she was no match for his strength. He dragged her into the car.

Initially, she had yelled for help, but Jimin silenced her with a sharp question, "Do you think someone will help you?"

The car was filled with silence as Taehyung drove. Ji Ah, still uneasy, stared out the window. Finally, she spoke up, "Where are you taking me? Are you really planning to take me to the police station? I genuinely don't know what you guys are talking about. I have no connection to Madame Park. What's the point of taking me to the police station?"

"Of course there is," Jimin replied, turning his head to look at her sharply. "Ms. Lee, you've been insisting that you did nothing, right? So why should you be afraid? If you're innocent, going to the police station is the right thing to do. I'll give you a fair chance. If you're guilty, you might spend a few days in jail. But wouldn't it be a shame for your daughter to have no one to take care of her? Oh, and by the way, it seems you still owe quite a bit in hospital fees and medical bills. If you don't pay up, your daughter might be kicked out soon. Hospitals aren't charities, you know."

The color drained from Ji Ah's face, and she fell into silence for a long moment. Finally, she stammered, "How do you... How do you know about my daughter's illness?"

Jimin nodded. "It's easy for me to find out these things. But that's not the point. The important thing is, do you want to give me an explanation for why you vandalized my grandmother's tomb? I'll cover all of your daughter's hospital bills and surgery..."

Ji Ah suddenly looked at Jimin with disbelief. "Really?"

"It's not a big deal for me. I don't mind covering the expenses. The key is that you give me an honest answer. If you can tell me the truth, I won't take you to the police station. Your daughter can continue to receive treatment in the hospital," Jimin said.

Ji Ah's face visibly relaxed. "Are you being sincere? Will you really help me and my daughter? You won't dig any deeper into this?"

Jimin nodded firmly. "Yes."

Ji Ah hesitated. "How can I be sure you're not lying?"

Jimin's smile turned cold. "Ms. Lee, you're not in a position to negotiate here. Do you think you have any other options? If not, I can have someone take you to the police station right now."

"No!" Ji Ah immediately exclaimed. "I'll tell you everything, as long as you keep your promise."

Jimin reassured her, "Don't worry. I'm not someone who breaks their word."

Ji Ah nodded and wiped away her tears with her coarse fingers, revealing the signs of a hardworking life. Despite her age, she still held remnants of her youthful beauty; it was evident that she must have been quite stunning in her youth.

This marked her second visit to the Lee company, and she appeared to be patiently waiting for Lee Taemin.

Jimin questioned her, "Why did you vandalize my grandmother's tomb?"

Ji Ah lowered her head and replied, "Because what happened to my daughter and me today is greatly because of her."

Jimin furrowed his brows. "How can you say that? What did my grandmother do to you? You're not from here, and you only recently moved here. How can you connect yourself to my grandmother?"

Ji Ah nodded and continued, "It's true that I'm not originally from Seoul, but a few years ago, I lived here for a period of time."

Jimin remained silent, knowing that Ji Ah had more to share.

-

A/N: New character, can you guess who she really is? 🤔