Chapter 27

Krystal, however, shook her head gently and replied, "There's no need to come back so soon. I'll be fine. You should go to work and focus on defeating Taemin. I'm eagerly awaiting that day."

Taehyung tenderly brushed a strand of hair away from her face and spoke with sincerity, "I'll be waiting for that day too. I want to give you the recognition and status you deserve, whether it's as my girlfriend, fiancée, or even my wife."

Krystal's gaze dropped as she contemplated his words. "I haven't really thought about the future," she admitted softly.

Realizing he may have been too hasty in expressing his desires, Taehyung rushed to reassure her, "I'm sorry if I'm moving too fast."

Krystal, her heart touched by his affection, shook her head and replied, "I'm not upset, Taehyung. But do you truly believe that I deserve someone like you?" Her question hung in the air, filled with a sense of vulnerability and self-doubt.

As Taehyung gazed at Krystal, a pang of heartache washed over him. He couldn't bear to see her doubt herself like this. Tenderly, he took her hand and placed it on the warm, reassuring surface of his palm. "You're such a silly girl," he whispered, his voice filled with affection. "What makes you think you don't deserve someone like me?"

With great care, Taehyung continued, "Let's not dwell on these thoughts about the future, alright?" He asked cautiously, worried that Krystal might not agree with his sentiments.

Krystal met his gaze, her eyes reflecting a mix of emotions. After a moment of contemplation, she nodded, her voice soft. "It's late now. You should head home and stay safe."

Taehyung made up his mind not to drive home in his inebriated state. "I won't drive. I'll take a taxi," he assured her.

Krystal opened the door to her house and stepped inside. Turning back to him, "Goodnight," she said.

In the wake of the public exposure of Park Jae Kyung and Yoona's photos, along with the involvement of Lee Taemin, the unfolding events took on the appearance of a dramatic narrative. It was as if the lines between reality and melodrama had blurred, and the entire affair became the talk of the town.

As discussions swirled, there emerged a disturbing discourse surrounding Yoona's potential suicide. People began to dissect the circumstances surrounding her tragic end, attempting to make sense of the inconceivable. Gradually, a collective sentiment emerged, suggesting that her death was far from a simple act of desperation. Instead, it was believed to have been meticulously planned or premeditated, challenging the initial conclusions drawn by the authorities.

The prevailing view was rooted in Yoona's personality and life circumstances. She was perceived as a vibrant and resilient individual, someone who wouldn't easily succumb to the depths of despair. She had a zest for life, an unwavering love for herself, and appeared to be the last person one would associate with self-harm. Many questioned why she would take such a drastic step, especially for the sake of two men who, they believed, held no special place in her heart.

Initially, the prevailing narrative had been that Yoona's love for Taemin had driven her to the brink. It was believed that she couldn't bear the thought of losing him, leading her to act impulsively by jumping into the river. However, as time passed and more details came to light, it became evident that her relationship with Taemin had been more self-serving than loving.

The notion of this seemingly self-centered woman choosing to end her own life appeared increasingly implausible. This revelation prompted an internet user to voice their perspective online, and the post quickly gained traction, becoming a trending topic. It seemed that the public's perception of Yoona's tragic demise was undergoing a significant shift, as they grappled with the complexities of her motivations and the intricate web of emotions surrounding the entire ordeal.

The startling revelations and public discussions surrounding Yoona's death caught the attention of law enforcement, prompting them to reopen the case for a thorough reinvestigation. As their inquiry progressed, it became increasingly apparent that Park Jae Kyung played a significant role in the events leading up to Yoona's tragic demise. Consequently, he emerged as the prime suspect and was subsequently brought in for questioning at the police station.

That year, Yoona was feeling abandoned by Taemin and desperate not to lose everything she had built, turned to Park Jae Kyung for support. She informed him that she was carrying his child and insisted that he take responsibility for her, threatening to expose their relationship to the public if he did not comply. Park Jae Kyung, initially attempting to resolve the situation with a financial offer to encourage an abortion, found himself facing an obstinate Yoona who considered her pregnancy a powerful bargaining chip.

The pivotal moment occurred during a heated argument between the two near the lakeside. Emotions ran high, particularly for Yoona, who was consumed by her feelings. Unable to control his own emotions, Park Jae Kyung resorted to a tragic and fateful decision – he pushed Yoona into the river.

As Yoona's desperate cries for help pierced the air, Park Jae Kyung was torn. He initially considered aiding her but was plagued by the belief that she was driven by insatiable greed. Fearful of what she might do if he helped her, he ultimately chose to remain a passive observer, allowing her to succumb to the turbulent waters.

-

A/N: How are you liking the story?

By the way, I think Jimin is going to enlist his military service soon 🥺😭 I am not ready

Angel face 🥺🤍