Chapter 6

Her drunken state made her unaware of her surroundings, and she couldn't control the volume of her voice. Her words carried throughout the private room, instantly silencing the atmosphere and making everyone feel awkward.

"Who said that to you?"

Krystal couldn't hold back a sudden fit of coughing, choking on her drink as Lisa's words caught her by surprise. Taehyung quickly handed her a glass of water, but she waved it off, opting instead to down her gin in one go. She pressed a hand to her forehead, clearly feeling the effects of the alcohol. "Why do I feel dizzy? I must be drunk..."

Lisa, still drunk herself, gleefully pointed at Krystal, who was trying to hide behind Taehyung. "It was Krystal who told me."

Krystal, her inhibitions lowered by the alcohol, exclaimed, "I think I'm really drunk..." before flopping onto the sofa with a theatrical flair.

Lisa burst into laughter, her amusement heightened by her inebriated state. "She's lying," Lisa declared, though it was clear she couldn't be entirely sure of the truth herself.

Lisa's attention then turned back to Jungkook, and she poured him another glass, urging him to share his story. "So how many years have you been trying to get Y/N? Tell me your guys' story..."

Jungkook, wary of where this conversation was heading, replied with a resigned tone, "There's nothing good to say."

Lisa, seemingly oblivious to the discomfort she was causing, continued to press. "Okay, okay, I understand it's your tragedy. No wonder you don't want to tell. It's really miserable to be a second lead, isn't it? I feel sorry for you." She patted his shoulder with drunken sympathy. "Come on, let's drink another glass."

Lisa continued to pat his shoulder and arms while nodding enthusiastically. Jungkook, unsure of how to respond to this unexpected turn of events, simply drank his whiskey, resigning himself to the situation.

Krystal decided to take a shot to avoid any potential scolding from Jungkook, but it only added to her drunken state. Taehyung, concerned for her well-being, watched her closely and decided it was time to call a taxi to take her home safely.

Jin also made the responsible choice to take his wife home, leaving Jungkook as the last one responsible for getting the drunken Lisa home. As they got into the taxi, Lisa continued to ramble on. "Really, second lead... Let me tell you, Jimin and Y/N are happy now. Don't keep holding on to your wishful thinking. You need to think about yourself. You should find yourself a woman and become a male lead. You're not planning to be a second lead forever, right? Don't do this to yourself!"

Jungkook simply stared at her, feeling somewhat helpless in the face of her drunken but surprisingly logical advice. While he had never met Lisa before, being in the same industry meant he was well aware of her background and reputation. She was the heiress of her company, raised with a singular goal in mind. Yet, there was something undeniably intriguing about her.

Lisa noticed his silence and moved closer, wanting to make sure her message got through. "You need to listen to me. Stop waiting for her and find someone else. Transform yourself into a male lead, okay?"

"I know, I know," Jungkook replied with a sigh. "Thank you for your advice." He appreciated her concern, even if it was delivered in a somewhat unconventional manner.

Jungkook was taken aback by Lisa's directness, something he hadn't experienced before. Her words, though unconventional, made him pause and reflect on his own stubbornness in holding onto his feelings for Y/N. He couldn't deny the depth of his love for her, but perhaps his determination to win her back was rooted in his competitive nature, where he never accepted defeat easily.

Lisa continued to offer her advice, patting his shoulder as she spoke. "No need to be modest. It's my responsibility as a friend. I know this is our first meeting, but I feel that I need to say these to you... I'm not typically saying this to most people."

Before Jungkook could respond, he noticed that Lisa had fallen asleep. He helped her into her home, using a key he found in her bag. Her father had left loyal staff members to take care of her, and they were waiting for her return.

"Miss, how can you be this drunk?" one of the staff members asked.

"She just drank a bit, not that much..." Jungkook replied, trying to downplay the situation.

The staff members understood immediately. It was clear that Lisa had a low tolerance for alcohol despite her love for it. They thanked Jungkook and were about to close the door when Lisa suddenly woke up and saw him leaving.

"Second lead, remember my words. You need to transform into a main lead!" she exclaimed loudly.