Chapter 48

Jimin saw her too, and he unbuckled his seatbelt, ready to confront the situation. Y/N, following his lead, also prepared to exit the car, but Jimin gently stopped her, saying, "Stay in the car, Y/N. Let me handle this. Your safety comes first."

Y/N nodded, understanding that Jimin was trying to protect her from whatever might transpire. Jimin stepped out of the car, his face stern as he confronted Kang Seulgi, who looked utterly disheveled. His tone was cold as he warned her, "Do you have a death wish?"

Seulgi's actions were erratic as she darted in front of the car, and Jimin was prepared for anything, including the possibility that she might put herself in harm's way.

Seulgi still wore the same evening dress she had on earlier, but it was now in disarray, dirtied and creased. Her makeup was smudged beyond repair, as she hadn't had a chance to fix it.

Jimin couldn't quite fathom why she had come here of all places. Shouldn't her priority be checking on her husband's condition at the hospital? After all, she had been the one who struck him with the bottle.

Seulgi wiped her eyes, her voice dripping with animosity as she accused, "You did this, didn't you?"

Jimin chose not to respond directly, instead countering with a question, "Does it really matter? You acted on your own. Since it was your own doing, does it truly make a difference who exposed it?"

"Park Jimin, you're heartless! You've done this to me!" Seulgi pointed an accusing finger at him, her voice thick with resentment. "Do you even realize that you've shattered my entire life? I've come to terms with the fact that you want nothing to do with me. I had finally managed to secure a marriage with him, but you've wrecked everything. I secretly visited the hospital; I know he's going to be alright. But when he wakes up, he'll torture me. I have no money, no status, no position left. All of this, all because of you. Are you satisfied?"

Jimin remained remarkably composed as he responded, "Your situation has nothing to do with me. I have no interest in your life. You could've chosen to live your life contentedly, but have you ever truly appreciated what you had? Have you ever considered the consequences of your past actions, only to attempt deceiving me once again? Consider this a small lesson..."

Before Jimin could finish his sentence, Seulgi burst into laughter, her voice ringing out loudly. "A small lesson? So, this is your idea of a 'small lesson'? Park Jimin, do you realize that those photos and videos have ruined everything? I've lost everything I had. What am I supposed to do now?"

Jimin's patience waned as he remembered that Y/N was waiting hungrily in the car. He furrowed his brow and retorted, "I don't have the time or energy to waste on you! Move out of the way! If you don't, don't blame me for not showing restraint."

"Park Jimin!" Seulgi exclaimed.

Jimin glanced at his watch and calmly said, "He hasn't sustained severe injuries. There should be some time left. He'll likely wake up soon and send someone to locate you. Right now, you're wasting your time questioning me. Why don't you return home and gather your belongings? Leave as fast as you can, before he discovers your whereabouts."

Seulgi's face drained of color upon hearing his words, fully aware of the truth in his statement. After he spoke, he dismissed her and climbed back into his car, honking the horn to signal his impatience.

Seulgi bit her lip and stepped away from the car. Inside the vehicle, Y/N observed the exchange and inquired, "What did you say to her? How did you manage to get her to leave so obediently?"

The gate to his house opened smoothly and he drove his car inside, parking it securely.

Jimin responded, "It was simple. I told her to flee before he could track her down."

Y/N considered this for a moment before asking, "Do you think she can escape?"

Jimin shook his head. "I doubt it. His people are probably already searching for her. But what I know for sure is greedy individuals like her tend to return home to retrieve their belongings, walking straight into the trap."

"Did you tell her to go home and collect her belongings?" Y/N inquired.

Jimin's mischievous smirk lingered without further explanation. Instead, he quickly messaged Lisa's uncle's people to intercept Seulgi on her way to collect her things.

Behind Jimin's calm exterior, there lurked a vengeful side that never forgot those who had wronged him. He possessed an uncanny ability to manipulate situations to his advantage, making him a force to be reckoned with.

Seulgi, though seemingly forgotten by Jimin, had dared to make herself visible on his radar by showing up where she shouldn't. In Jimin's eyes, this was a miscalculation on her part.

His strength lay in his ability to strike where it hurt the most, often operating behind-the-scenes, unbeknownst to those he targeted.

Y/N was silent, she had no sympathy for Seulgi, believing that she had brought this upon herself. If she had been content with her position and hadn't plotted against Lisa and Jimin, she wouldn't be facing these consequences.

Y/N added, "If Seulgi had known Lisa's personality, she probably wouldn't have dared to deceive her."

Jimin remained silent, indifferent to Seulgi's plight, as he parked his car in the garage.

Joon Min's teacher had a flexible schedule, both during the day and at night. Y/N recognized that she was a student herself and needed time to focus on her studies, so she allowed her plenty of freedom to arrange Joon Min's lessons as she saw fit. Y/N didn't interfere with the teacher's methods and simply entrusted her to organize the lessons independently.

The teacher would typically prepare Joon Min's assignments and then hand them over to Y/N for review. Y/N would carefully check the assignments and often found herself satisfied with the teacher's work.

On this particular evening, it was already 10 PM, when they entered the house, there was no sign of her. It seemed that the teacher had completed the day's lesson and left, as Joon Min was already fast asleep.

Jimin entered the house carrying several boxes of takeout. He looked at Y/N with a hint of surprise, given the amount of food they had ordered. "Everyone is asleep by now. Why did you order so much takeout?"

-

A/N: How are you guys?