Chapter 33

Krystal attempted to dismiss the conversation, saying, "Is there anything more? If there's nothing..."

But Taehyung cut her off before she could finish, his frustration bubbling to the surface. "Look at you. I haven't even said more than two sentences, and you're rushing to push me away. Isn't that the act of avoiding me?" His words revealed the hurt he felt at her actions and the growing tension between them.

Concerned for her well-being, Taehyung gently extended his hand to her forehead, checking her temperature. He voiced his worries, saying, "You're not looking good. Are you okay? Have you eaten something? Let's go inside; I'll cook for you."

This time, Taehyung didn't give Krystal a chance to protest. He took the key from her hand and unlocked the door, proceeding to enter the house. Krystal followed him.

Inside, Taehyung quickly changed into house shoes and headed for the kitchen. He instructed her, "Sit down first. I'll prepare something for you."

Krystal didn't sit on the sofa as he suggested; instead, she stood near the kitchen entrance, watching his every move with a mix of emotions.

Taehyung continued, "Are there still dumplings in the refrigerator? What do you prefer, noodles or dumplings?"

"Dumplings," Krystal replied softly.

With a reassuring smile, Taehyung began to prepare the dumplings for her, demonstrating his concern and care through his actions.

"Do you want anything else?" Taehyung asked once more.

Krystal remained standing and shook her head, replying, "It's enough."

"Then just wait for me in the dining room. Sit down. It will be done soon," Taehyung instructed.

"Okay," Krystal agreed, moving to go to the dining room. However, just as she turned, she heard a sudden noise – the knife had fallen to the ground, and Taehyung's finger was bleeding.

Krystal rushed to his side, concern evident in her eyes, and checked his injured finger. She was about to retrieve a first aid kit when she felt Taehyung's arms enveloping her.

Startled, she asked, "What are you doing?"

"Krystal, you're worried about me, aren't you?" Taehyung remarked.

She gently pushed him towards the living room and held his injured hand out of the kitchen, saying, "Sit down here first, and wait for me."

Krystal diligently searched for the first aid kit, aware that Taehyung's culinary skills were limited. During her parents' travels, he occasionally cooked for her, even if it was something as simple as noodles or dumplings. He would often look up recipes online.

As she rummaged through the first aid kit, she noticed there were no band-aids. She had initially thought about buying some, but then she remembered she had a few in her bag.

Krystal recalled this and went to retrieve her bag. She emptied its contents onto the living room floor in search of the band-aids. Upon finding them, she looked up, only to see Taehyung holding a paper that had fallen from her bag. It was the doctor's check-up result from that morning, and he had already opened it.

Taehyung's body tensed, and he stared at Krystal with wide eyes, his voice quivering as he asked, "You're pregnant?"

Krystal clutched the band-aid tightly in her palm, her silence speaking volumes.

Suddenly, a memory of Jimin's questions in the office earlier flashed through his mind. Jimin had asked him whether he truly loved Krystal and would stay by her side no matter what happened. At the time, Taehyung had found the questions odd, seemingly without cause, but now he understood.

Jimin must have rushed to Krystal when he accompanied Y/N to her pregnancy check-up this morning, only to discover that Krystal was there for a health check as well. Krystal likely asked them to keep it a secret.

In that moment, Taehyung's eyes revealed the unmistakable pain of heartbreak. He extended his hand, gripping Krystal's wrist, causing the blood from his wounded finger to seep onto her skin.

"The baby, is it Taemin's? What did he do to you? Why are you hiding it from me? Why didn't you share it with me?" Taehyung's voice was a mix of worry and frustration.

Krystal countered, her voice cracking with emotion, "Why don't you consider that maybe I've reconciled with him, and this pregnancy is a result of that?"

"I know you..." Taehyung's words trailed off as he saw Krystal's tears start to fall.

Krystal's tears were unstoppable now, and her shoulders trembled as she cried. She lowered her head in shame.

Taehyung, watching her, felt a complex mix of emotions. "You've been avoiding me all this time because of this? You think you don't deserve me because of this?" He sounded hurt and confused.

Krystal continued to cry, unable to find the words to respond.

Suddenly, Taehyung stood up from the sofa, his face contorted with anger. Krystal sensed something terrible was about to happen and rushed to block his path. "Where are you going?" she asked, desperation in her voice.

"I want to kill that sick bastard. I want to make sure he never shows up in front of you and hurts you again," Taehyung declared with a burning rage in his eyes as he moved toward the door.

-

A/N: What do you think will happen now that Taehyung knows what happened? :(